
I promised you yesterday for some more Innovative Stamp Creations sneak peeks, and I am delivering!! Today's card uses the new Hibiscus sheet, which will be available on June 8th!!! Isn't this flower sooo pretty!
The sketch for this card is from MMSC#4...such a fun sketch! I really loved the frame portion of this sketch, so I broke out some Tim Holtz grungeboard, and covered it with scattered straw distress paint, and distressed it even more with some scattered straw and peeled paint distress inks. The image was stamped in Palette Black in, colored with copics and distress again with scattered straw and peeled paint distress ink.
The demask background was created with the Heidi Swapp demask mini mask. To get the opposite portion of the masked inked with the yellow color, I placed the mask on some glossy white paper in different areas and sponged some ranger watermark ink around the mask. Once it was completely dry (and yes...it too a long time to dry...I even hit it a few times with my heat gun...but did not use it too much because I did not want to scorch the glossy paper) I sponged scatter straw and peeled paint distress ink all over the paper. The dried watermark ink created a resist to the ink! Very fun!! A wonderful resist technique, only without using clear embossing powder!
To finish off the card, I added the sentiment with my oval SU punches, some so saffron ribbon, and circle metal family and friends sayings.
Come on back tomorrow for even more sneak peeks!! Thanks so much for visiting!
Connie
Card Details:
Images: Hibiscus - ISC
Paper: White, Glossy White, Grungeboard, Bella Rose DSP, So Saffron, Kiwi Kiss
Inks: Ranger Watermark, Peel paint distress ink, Scattered straw distress ink, Palette Black, Copics
Accessories: Saffron Ribbon, Oval Punches, Circle metal family and friends sayings, sponge dauber, Tim Holtz distressing tool.
The sketch for this card is from MMSC#4...such a fun sketch! I really loved the frame portion of this sketch, so I broke out some Tim Holtz grungeboard, and covered it with scattered straw distress paint, and distressed it even more with some scattered straw and peeled paint distress inks. The image was stamped in Palette Black in, colored with copics and distress again with scattered straw and peeled paint distress ink.
The demask background was created with the Heidi Swapp demask mini mask. To get the opposite portion of the masked inked with the yellow color, I placed the mask on some glossy white paper in different areas and sponged some ranger watermark ink around the mask. Once it was completely dry (and yes...it too a long time to dry...I even hit it a few times with my heat gun...but did not use it too much because I did not want to scorch the glossy paper) I sponged scatter straw and peeled paint distress ink all over the paper. The dried watermark ink created a resist to the ink! Very fun!! A wonderful resist technique, only without using clear embossing powder!
To finish off the card, I added the sentiment with my oval SU punches, some so saffron ribbon, and circle metal family and friends sayings.
Come on back tomorrow for even more sneak peeks!! Thanks so much for visiting!
Connie
Card Details:
Images: Hibiscus - ISC
Paper: White, Glossy White, Grungeboard, Bella Rose DSP, So Saffron, Kiwi Kiss
Inks: Ranger Watermark, Peel paint distress ink, Scattered straw distress ink, Palette Black, Copics
Accessories: Saffron Ribbon, Oval Punches, Circle metal family and friends sayings, sponge dauber, Tim Holtz distressing tool.











how gorgeous is this!!! Love the warmth of the color and the whole beauty of the design ...tfs
ReplyDeleteWow Connie this is so beautiful!!! Love that image and these colors are so elegant!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card!! You do wonders with those flowers!! :) Enjoy the weekend!!
ReplyDeleteI really like what you did to create the frame. Lovely floral image and I love the color choices.
ReplyDeleteHey Connie!
ReplyDeleteI love your card and the sketch you used...I saw it but thought it may be difficult to pull off---you made it look so easy!!
The colors you used are amazing together...tfs!!!
I love the beautful colors and soft look of this card. It is gorgeous. Thank you for playing. Please play again.
ReplyDeleteHop over to my blog for some great blog candy I have up for grabs.
Carolyn, MMDT member
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/
Goodness, Connie!!!!! You already know that I love, love, love your card but look at your new Blog design, WOW!!!!!! Gorgeous!!! Hugs, Sabrina
ReplyDeleteOh Connie, your card is breathtaking..I love it!! You are very talented and I love those colors. Thank you so much for playing. Remember to add the MM Logo to your side bar if you would like a chance at the cash :) I would die if your name was pulled and you forgot to do that :( good luck my dear...I can't wait to see more form you :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous creation, Connie!! The colors are divine!!!
ReplyDeleteAnother awesome sneak peek card - Connie!!! I love this flower image!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~
Fabulous, Connie! Love the sketch and colors. Your crackled frame is perfect.
ReplyDeleteVery nice stamped imagine. papers and embellishments. Thank you for playing the Midnight madness Sketch Challenge and i hope you will join us again.
ReplyDeleteJane, MMDT member
Cool design and beautiful colors!!!
ReplyDeleteThe frame looks AWESOME, Connie...love the new flower stamp, too, and such gorgoeus colors!!! Soooo beautifully done!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful Connie!! I love your hibiscus and your take on the sketch!! Love your colors!!
ReplyDeletehugs and blessings,
Chris