We are kicking off the new year with the release of three new sets! Also, three hoppers will be chosen randomly to receive One Set of THEIR CHOICE! All you have to do to be eligible to win is complete the hop, leaving comments on each blog and returning to the ODBD Blog and leaving your answer to the question there by Monday, Jan. 4 at 8PM EST. The question will be posted on the ODBD blog, but here's a tip.. as you are hopping along, take note of your favorite set and what you like best about them! Did I mention there will be THREE WINNERS?!!
One of the big changes that we are so excited about is that Our Daily Bread designs has accepted a position as a Member Company on Splitcoaststampers! Please visit the Our Daily Bread Designs Welcome Forum and leave a comment by January 10 for a chance to win a $50.00 Gift Certificate to the ODBD Store!
Okay... now on to my cards. I have two to share with you today! This card uses the new Confirmation set. Here I did the stained mosaic technique! LOVE this technique!! There is a great tutorial for it over on SCS to get all the details! The image was cut out and framed with a Labels 4 Nestabilities. The DP on this card is from SEI Sweet Perfume Pearls paper, which was torn and distressed with some Tea Dye Distress ink. The background panel was cuttlebugged with the Floral Screen EF. To finish off the card, I added the sentiment along with some thin satin ribbon!
For my second card, I kept it quite simple because I wanted to showcase this AMAZING paper in the ODBD store from SEI called Juliette Printed Velvet Paper. Yep!! It is velvet and soooo very soft! I just added the sentiment from the Baptism and Confirmation Verses set, which is stamped in Aged Mahogany Distress ink and cut out with my creative memories oval cutter. Then to finish it off, I added a few Hero Art half back black pearls, and some black satin ribbon!
From here hop on over to Sandee's blog to see what great inspiration she has for you today! Have fun hopping, and Happy New Year from the Our Daily Bread designs Bread Basket!
Connie
Card 1 Details:
Images: Confirmation - ODBD
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Always Artichoke, SEI DP
Inks: Palette Black, Copics, Versamark, Tea Dye Distress ink
Accessories: Thin Ribbon, Labels 4 Nestabilities, Distress Tool, Sponges, Clear EP, Heat Tool, Rubber stamp pieces for mosaic.
Card 2 Details:
Images: Baptism and Confirmation Verses - ODBD
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Velvet SEI DP, Whisper White
Inks: Aged Mahogany Distress Ink
Accessories: Black Half Back Pearls, Black Satin Ribbon, Creative Memories Oval Cutter











both are fabulous samples Connie!! I've yet to try the stained glass technique...gotta, I just gotta!! mmmm and that yummy velvety paper!
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are awesome, Connie!!! Cool technique on the first and yummy richness on the 2nd!! Happy New Year and God Bless!
ReplyDeleteOh Connie both cards are gorgeous! You were so brave cutting into the velvet paper, I am still hoarding mine.
ReplyDeleteJust gorgeous on both counts Connie!!! I love that stained mosaic technique!!! Your second one on that RICH paper is just gorgeous!!! I give you kudos for being able to cut into it!!! Happy New Year Connie!!!
ReplyDeleteThese are both so very gorgeous Connie! I love the mosaic technique here...just perfect with this image!
ReplyDeleteThese are both stunning Connie!! I just love the dp and how you showcased it and the verse on the second card and the design colors and texture on the first is gorgeous!! Beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year my friend!! May God Bless you and yours in 2010!!
hugs,
Chris
Your cards are very beautiful! Wonderful images and I love the dp you've chosen - so pretty. hugs, Angela
ReplyDeleteVery lovely, beautiful dp.
ReplyDeleteConnie I love all the texture in your card, just SUPERB!! Happy 2010!
ReplyDeleteConnie, both of these are simply spectacular!!!! The first is gorgeous with that technique and the second has that totally luscious paper!!!! It's awesome to be back working alongside you girl!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteLove what you've done with this set!
ReplyDeleteMary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com
Both cards are just fabulous. I think I like the first just because I love the technique used there.
ReplyDeleteLove the use of colors & patterns. Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteJust lovely samples Connie! I need to try this technique. And the colors on the 2nd card are so rich. Just beautiful! TFS!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year Connie!!!
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are awesome!!! Love the mosaic technique on the first one!!! Hugs ~S~
Stained Mosaic technique definitely a must to try and a wonderful showcase for it. That printed Velvet paper is stunning and a must have. You've done a great job with both cards.
ReplyDeleteConnie both of your cards are absolutely gorgeous! I love that velvet paper on the 2nd card don't you? Happy 2010!!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work, Connie!! I love your gorgeous samples!!
ReplyDeletebeautiful cards and great use of the mosic look
ReplyDeleteI love the beautiful and simplistic card using SEI paper. I’m defiantly going to order some. And I can’t wait to try the stained mosaic technique. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteI love this beautiful card so perfect for this very glorious time in a person's life.
ReplyDeleteThe stained mosaic card is simply beautiful. thanks for sharing such wonderful art.
ReplyDeleteLove your cards! And need some of that velvet! Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteCAS loveliness
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards displaying ODBD's newest images Connie. You did an awesome job!!
ReplyDeleteJust gorgeous samples! Really love the colors and textures in the first card! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteLovely!! I think my favourite would be the bottom card because Rich Razzleberry is one of my favourite colours! But I do love the mosiac technique that you used. Both are great! TFS
ReplyDeleteBeth Greco
Oh my goodness, Connie!! Fabulous cards! I love your stained glass masterpeice of the first and the bold colors of the second!
ReplyDeleteOh Connie,
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely cards. I am love the yummy velvet SEI papers........gotta get me some!! Baptisim what a lovely way to start the New Year, great thought. Blessing to all in this New Year.
Oh wow Connie! Your cross mosaic card is absolutely RICH! What a beautiful way to showcase that set!
ReplyDeleteAnd hey we had similar verse and paper ideas! Oh you were so brave to use so much velvet :) It's gorgeous!
Happy first day of 2010! So fun to be working alongside of you!
Now how did you know I just ended a paper fast? I completed my 100 projects and can buy some new . . . wow, what lovely cards. That velvet paper is a great way to showcase a nice verse and the mosaic technique you used is very cool.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards! I love the dp on the second card.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful way to start the New Year;
ReplyDeletecelebrating the most precious events. Your
cards are brilliant. Thank you!!
A wonderful combination on the first card and the second card makes me want to touch!!! Can't pick which I like the best.
ReplyDeleteYour cards are so beautiful. Love the detail of the first and the CAS yet elegant look of the second! God bless! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteOh wow! Stunning cards! Love them both. I love all the detail in the first one!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Chelsea
These are both just beautiful, Connie! The stained glass tech on the first one is perfect for this wonderful image and that velvet paper is so elegant on the second. How great that we can be on 2 DTs together!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards, Connie and love how you have used the new set on your cards. Pretty papers and really like the mosiac effect you used too. Wonderful job and Happy New Year. Phyllis M.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards hun, I love them both!!!! Happy New Year to you!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Cheryl
What a fun blog hop and your two projects are just gorgeous. Will definitely have to check out all these new products. Thanks for sharing. Gorgeous artwork!
ReplyDeleteConnie..Both ur cards are beautiful!!I love cards with scripture verses!! Happy new year
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards! I love the mosaic look!
ReplyDeleteLoved the dp on both of your cards - I HAD to go to ODB to check them out. Great colors and techures. Thanks for sharing your talents.
ReplyDeleteTruly beautiful cards! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous cards. The stained glass effect is fab.
ReplyDeletesharon L
I will become a Confirmation Godparent this year, so am pleased to see some ideas for cards.THANK YOU!! Your cards are inspiring!
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful cards. I haven't had the opportunity of stamping with ODBS yet, but I'm looking forward to using them this year!
ReplyDeleteWOW! The stained mosiac technique is perfect for that image! Both cards are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteLove the "stained glass" on the first card and the beautiful verse and paper on the second. I'm trying to use up paper I have at home, but this velvet paper might make me be "bad".
ReplyDeleteAd K.
Very pretty cards - that velvet paper is beautiful
ReplyDeleteGreat cards...the stamps are beautifully highlighted. Love the velvet paper.
ReplyDeleteThat velvet paper is lovely! Beautiful color!
ReplyDeleteDeniseB
Your cards are lovely, and the velvet paper is beautiful
ReplyDeleteSally
Hi Connie - I just love this set and your card is gorgeous - I always love the colours you use and the 'feel' you give your cards!! The DP on your second card is so rich - I love those colours too - ODBD has it all happeneing with these ones! Thanks for sharing! God bless you! {{{hugs}}} Happy New Year Connie!
ReplyDeleteGreat cards!
ReplyDeleteLike the stained glass technique and the velvet paper. Will have to check out velvet paper to see what other designs are available, Pat
ReplyDeleteStained glass is a great technique, I don't think of using it often.
ReplyDeleteThese are both beautiful, I really like this set!
ReplyDeleteI love your cards, especially the baptism one.
ReplyDeleteTricia6653
What a great way to start the New Year and this blog hop. Both your cards are lovely.
ReplyDeleteAwesome cards using an awesome product! TFS!
ReplyDeleteBoth your cards are lovely. The stained glass technique is perfect for a religous card. The paper on the second looks special - I'm sure it's even more beautiful in person!
ReplyDeleteThis just great I love the stained glass.I am so inpressed.
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are gorgeous. I especially like the one with the velvet paper. TFS
ReplyDeleteThis just great I love the stained glass.I am so inpressed
ReplyDeleteI like the simplicity of the second card, showing off the stamp and the background paper.
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are wonderful--I really like the velvet paper!
ReplyDeleteLovely cards! I want to try that stained mosaic technique.
ReplyDeleteHi ya Connie!! I always love stopping by to see what you're up to hun!! LOVE your designs here and the fun technique you've used!! TFS!! (Love your blog!!) Happy New Year to you my friend!! HUGS
ReplyDeleteBoth are just gorgeous Connie. I haven't tried the stained glass technique yet. It seems so intimindating to me somehow. LOL.
ReplyDeleteGreat cards! ODBD has outstanding stamps this month!
ReplyDeleteI love the Confirmation set of stamps. Your samples are outstanding!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the colors in your second card!
ReplyDeleteMaureen F.
Love that Juliette printed velvet paper!
ReplyDeleteGreywolf a/k/a Val
What a way to start the new year off, with a blog hop. My favorite stamp set is Baptism and confirmation verses:}
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the hop. The cards are awesome. I am so glad you are a member company at SCS. I love the website and use it all the time. That is how I found out about ODBD.
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are gorgeous!
ReplyDeletehugs
Mary
Love the cards. Great start to a new year.
ReplyDeleteJust gorgeous creations! I'm so excited to see ODBD as a member company on SCS!
ReplyDeleteWOW How very beautiful! Glad I stopped by!
ReplyDeleteRobyn
Love your cards, they are both beautiful!
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are so beautiful! I love how on the first one, it looks like the image is painted onto stone. Lovely!
ReplyDeleteGreat cards Connie, nice to see the new things in use... I just saved some rubber yesterday to make myself a stamp to try out the stained glass technique, great job with yours!
ReplyDeleteHi Connie! Wow! What a great place! I can't even imagine making the mosaic card just yet, I am a beginner stamper. I love the simple beauty of the card...and really love how the Juliette Printed Paper makes the message really pop! This could work with any of our Lord's important commands and words. Welcome to SCS.
ReplyDeleteHe IS Able,
Traci S.
Both cards are BEAUTIFUL!! I love the stained mosaic look on the first card. I never heard of it. And I love the color and paper on the second card!! Rich looking!! Great job!
ReplyDeleteLove the Confirmation set as I would do bookmarks for my Bible study group
ReplyDeleteI loved the Baptism card, I just recently bought some velvet paper and am dying to use it, you have given me some great ideas, thanks for the beautiful card samples.
ReplyDeleteThese are really beautiful samples! Love this set for baptisms and confirmations. The faux mosaic technique works beautifully here. - Kathy L.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your cards -- enjoyed the stained glass mosaic and that velvet paper!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards! You do lovely work!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards! I haven't done that stained glass technique in a very long time. Thanks for the reminder.
ReplyDeleteBoth are just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThey are simply fabulous! I love the velvet paper.
ReplyDeleteI love the mosaic technique ,and the velvet paper, it is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards! I've never tried the mosaic technique, but I plan to do so now! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteKathy A
kat1890@hotmail.com
Both of your cards are beautiful and I love the mosaic technique too.....have yet to try it but I know I will...thank you for sharing
ReplyDeleteBoth of your cards are beautiful. My favorite one is the second card with the purple velvet DP. I love purple, and I love the verse that is on the card.
ReplyDeleteLovely cards, I love the touch of green on the first card.
ReplyDeleteSandy D.
Just beautiful. I really like the mosaic look to the first one and I want to FEEL that 2nd card!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and elegant...thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are lovely. I really like the simplicity along with the gorgeous velvet dp paper.
ReplyDeleteOH! Simply gorgeous! Love the first card especially.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards. I haven't tried the mosaic technique yet - will have to check it out at SCS.
ReplyDeleteThe design paper you used on the second card is really striking - I would struggle to cut it. I love the text on the second card.
Great cards. I especially loved the paper on your 2nd card. TFS. Wendy
ReplyDeleteI like the mosaic look you gave the first card. God bless and have a wonderful New Year.
ReplyDeleteWow, great way to start off the new year
ReplyDeleteJoyce M
i love the effects on the first card. it gives it almost anot hand made look.
ReplyDeleteYour cards are amazing and so inspiring. Love the technique, colors, and sentiments.
ReplyDeleteI like the way you used the mosaic technique with the cross. Even though it gives a rustic look the card still looks elegant.
ReplyDeleteThe paper for the second card is truly beautiful and paired with the satin ribbon is very elegant also.
Such beautiful cards!! I love that velvet paper, I need to get some!!! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards. I have never tried the mosaic technique, but it is on my list for sure now.
ReplyDeleteBoth of these cards are absolutely awesome! I love the look of the mosaic technique and will definitely have to try it! I love the rich look of DP on the second card, so very elegant!
ReplyDeleteThat background paper in the second card is gorgeous...as is your card
ReplyDeleteThose are lovely!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards....must try the stained glass technique.
ReplyDeleteAgain, let me say Beautiful work! The mosaic is wonderful the tutorial great! Your work, outstanding!
ReplyDeleteGreat cards. Love the technique.
ReplyDeleteConnie -- Beautiful cards. Wonderful new stamps. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteoh my - how powerful .... very nice.
ReplyDeleteSanda
Both cards are beautiful. I'm going to have to try the mosaic technique. I like the new release stamps, and the velvet paper is gorgeous.
ReplyDeletelove both cards! the stained mosaic technique looks very cool but I also love the paper for the second card.
ReplyDeleteI love the Holy Spirit card!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards, Connie! I just have to look up the "stained glass technique" and start using it. Great work. Blessings
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are beautiful, but i especially liked the one on the velvet paper.
ReplyDeleteI have to say that my favorite is the first card. I love the rustic look using the earth tones which seem to be so fitting for the images. Both cards are wonderful. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are fantastic.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards. I am going to try that stained glass technique. I have never seen it before. TFS.
ReplyDeleteKhunter47
Khunter47@cox.net
I really like the DP and the amazing velvet paper. You did a nice job displaying these wonderful stamps on you cards. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are great! Love the purple-black combination. Greetings from Belgium, Annelies
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards, love the textured look on the first card, such a beautiful result. The velvet paper on the second card looks yummy.
ReplyDeletePriscilla
cardjunkie16@yahoo.com
Gorgeous cards. i realy love the mosaic technique you used.
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful cards! Thank you for the ideas.
ReplyDeleteGreat cards!! Loved the SEI paper!!
ReplyDeleteI really love your textures! Very enticing to try! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI think both your cards are great. I like the look of the velvet paper. And the stained mosaic technique is one I must try.
ReplyDeleteThese are beautiful. Really like the stained mosaic technique.
ReplyDeleteLovely mosaic! I especially love the especially love the simple designed card. That purple dp is esquisite and highlights the verse beautifully!
ReplyDeleteLovely cards! The simplicity makes the second card my fav!
ReplyDeleteThe cards are beautiful. Nice job on the mosaic technique.
ReplyDeleteConnie, your cards are just beautiful and the card using the mosaic technique is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely way to start the New Year. I'm especially loving that velvet paper. Betty
ReplyDeleteStunning!!!I love the mosaic technique!Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteLove the texture and details! Wonderful cards!
ReplyDeleteThank you for showing another example of the stained glass technique. It works so well with ODB stamps. And I am ordering that beautiful Juliette paper right now.
ReplyDeleteThese are stunning! Especially lovin' that first one...the colors and textures are amazing!
ReplyDeleteLove the cards you have made, they are absolutely stunning :)!
ReplyDeleteInky Hugs,
Catherine
Your cards are beautiful. My favorite is the confirmation the elegent papers are make the card very elegent. It reminds me of the angels rejoicing when one person is received into the family of God.
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are beautiful. Especially like the stained mosiac baptism card!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year!--Kathy O
The cards are so pretty! Love that stained glass effect!
ReplyDeleteI love both cards. They are so beautiful. I will have to try both of them and I definately need the stamp on the second one.Love it!
ReplyDeleteThe pink and black just pops, although both are breathtaking.
ReplyDeleteGreat cards - TFS - purple's my favorite color and velvet?! I've gotta check this out!
ReplyDeleteWow - stunning cards and stamps!! :-) as for velvet paper - the mind boggles!!
ReplyDeleteThe stained mosaic tecnique looks very interesting. I want to build a tecnique book and that looks like one to add.
ReplyDeleteWow! Gorgeous cards, love the mosiac and you are right, that velvet paper is amazing!
ReplyDeleteGreat cards, I will have to learn the mosaic technique. Beautiful paper. Happy 2010
ReplyDeletedianne31331
Love these stamps! Love what you did.
ReplyDeleteYour cards are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful creations, I love that stained glass technique and the second one is beautiful with your paper choice!
ReplyDeleteYour cards are both gorgeous - I really want to try that stained glass technique.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your work.
Wish I had this beautiful set! This is a great testimony.
ReplyDeletemklaporte at hotmail dot com
I especially love the baptism card-simple yet stunning!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year. Love both cards.
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful cards! I love all the texture of the first one, and on the second card that velvet paper is amazing! I am definitely going to have to get some of that to try :-)
ReplyDeletelOVED THE SIMPLICITY OF THE VELVET PAPER CARD
ReplyDeleteI love the reminder that God gave us the Holy Spirit. The stained mosaic is perfect for the crosses and the dove. What a lovely card!
ReplyDeleteEvette Rice
Wonderful designs with these great new stamps!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card with the mosiac and the velvet paper is lovely!
ReplyDeleteBarbara Diane
Beautiful cards! I love the textures on the first one!
ReplyDeleteI love both your cards. I really do need to try the stained glass technique. Such an interesting looking technique. The velvet paper card is beautiful. The simplicity of it is amazing. Your creativity is amazing.
ReplyDeletei like this set and your samples...i can see lots of possibilities with these stamps!
ReplyDeletelinda patti tpatti@windstream.net
I love the colors you used with this set. Looks very elegant.
ReplyDeleteVery cool! They are very lovely!
ReplyDeleteLove the new ODB stamps. Your card is lovely!
ReplyDeleteTwo beautiful cards!!
ReplyDeleteI must try that stained glass technique.
Love both cards! First time I have seen the velvet paper, I love it! Guess my credit card will be smoking today! Jeanne
ReplyDeleteYour cards are beautiful. I like the stained glass card because you can use it for men. I seem to have a hard time coming up with ideas for men. TFS
ReplyDeleteLove, love these cards, especially the second one with the velvet paper!! Great technique.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous cards! That stained mosaic technique is so interesting!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards! The velvet paper looks so nice - wish I could touch it to see how it feels! Well I am off to the next blog, but I did add you to follow. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing these cards. I really like this set and see many possibilities with it.
ReplyDeleteLovely cards, Connie! I love the velvet flocked paper! Kitty Rodahl
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, I am so excited to be a part of this Blog Hop! I can't wait to see the next card.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to start a new year. Your cards are beautiful, Connie, but what can you expect with such outstanding materials (stamps) to work with.
ReplyDeleteBecky E.
Great cards. Love your work.
ReplyDeleteCandy Meyers
Beautiful cards. I love the velvet paper.
ReplyDeleteSylvia
Both cards are beutiful. I really like the velvet paper. Love the new stamp set. Linda P.
ReplyDeleteBoth cards are great Connie.
ReplyDeleteI realy liked the papers used
and of course loved the Verse from
the Baptism & Confirmation set.
Your cards are lovely Connie, so much detail, the velvet paper is nice.
ReplyDeleteRene from OZ xo
Your cards are wonderful! I love how you used the new velvet paper and the way that you knotted the satin ribbon on your second card.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful!!! I love the last card, it is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteConnie - your cards are beautiful! And I'll have to look into that printed velvet paper - gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteLovely cards! Tahnks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteJulie L.
jaleon40@verizon.net
I just started the hop and already I'm blown away!! Both cards are beautiful. Love the mosaic design.
ReplyDeleteConnie, your cards and your talent are so inspiring!
ReplyDeleteBoth are smashing cards, and, I must have the confirmation set! I simply love the cross/dove stamp. Blessings on your day.
ReplyDeleteThank for sharing...I never saw the mosaic technique. I really like the papers you used.
ReplyDeleteI just love the velvet paper. I have bought paper from ODBD before and was very pleased, but that velvet looks beautiful! And I did not realize those pearls were half back and the ODBD sells them!!!
ReplyDeleteConnie: Beautiful technique.. lovely.
ReplyDeleteSuebee
love your cards!
ReplyDeleteHave a great 2010 and God bless!