
Today's Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #19 is hosted by Cindy Haffner. Cindy is challenging us to us designer paper! There is a lot that you can do with designer papers...you can stamp on them, use border punches, color them, paper piece, die cut shapes, cut out images to use as a focal point, or just to enhance the look of your card. Whichever option you choose to do, we would love to see what you create.
I LOVE designer paper, and one of my most favorite technique to us DP with is paper piecing! What better Flourishes new image to paper piece then one from the A Man's View set! I started by stamping my image on a white piece of paper. I then took a number of different DSPs from one of SU's 6" x 6" paper packages and pieced the image together. The chair, lamp shade, carpet, his shirt and pants are all paper pieced. The remainder of the image was colored with Copics (except for the "walls". which were sponged with baja breeze ink).
The sketch I used for my card is this week's challenge over on the Our Creative Corner Challenge blog. I really liked this sketch, and decided it would look great flipped on it's side with this image! This sketch also gave me another chance to display even more DSP!
Be sure to check out the other Friends of Flourishes Blog team designers to see what they created for you this week.
Thanks so much for visiting today! Have a great day!
Connie
Card Details:
Images: A Man's View - Flourishes
Paper: Real Red, Kraft, Not Quite Navy; all card stock and DSP
Inks: Palette Black ink
Accessories: Creamy Caramel grosgrain ribbon











Great colors and paper piecing, Connie!!! Love the created relaxed scene!!! Lovely manly card!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Connie - how fun we used the same Set :)!!!
ReplyDeleteLove how you paper pieced the larger image!!!Your take on the OCC Sketch rocks too!!! Awesome manly man card!!!
TEE!! Cute image and I love the beautiful colors you've used!! :)
ReplyDeleteSo fun Connie, thanks for playing.
ReplyDeleteLove what you did with the sketch, the image and colours are perfect as well~!
ReplyDeleteVicki
Love your paper piecing Connie!! Great manly card!!! Great job on the OCCC sketch!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome job with that Flourishes set!!
ReplyDeleteWOW your card is terrific!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW, Connie, you did some awesome paper piecing on this....I love the colors, papers, stamps, layout...love it all!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW - this is a fantastic Man Card!!! Your paper piecing is AMAZING!!!! Love your take on the sketch too!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card Connie and love the layout! Hope you're having fun drooling over your new SU! goodies....tfs!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous! I love the patterned papers you used and how you used them! SO clever!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE this! the paper pieced couch, so FUN!
ReplyDeletePam Going Postal