Tuesday, June 16, 2009

FTTC20 - Kim Poloson Inspired Butterflies


It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC20)! This week Betty Wright is our host. She is challenging us to get inspired from Kim Poloson's posters. Search through the many posters to find an inspiration piece. As with all inspiration pieces, there may be one or two things in the photo that inspires you whether it is an element, layout, or color scheme, or you may want to recreate the whole look. There are so many wonderful ones to choose from you will probably want to play several times. Make sure you include a link in your write up as to which one you chose and why. We would love to see what you create!!!

The poster I used as my inspiration is titled "Back to the Garden I". Loved the blues and browns and also the BUTTERFLIES!! So I pulled out my Butterfly Moments set and got to work! Now, I really loved everything about this poster, so I pretty much recreated it on my card! The DP is all from my favorite SU DSP, which I will miss dearly called Parisian Breeze.

The butterfly was stamped in walnut stain distress ink on confetti cream paper, and then colored with a few copics. All of the edges were then distressed/sponged with more walnut stain distress ink.

To finish off the card, I added a bit of velvet tan ribbon, some distress soft sky double stitched ribbon, some antique brads, and the sentiment is from Flourishes Flourished Words set.

Be sure to check out the other Friends of Flourishes Blog team designers to see what they created for you this week.


Thanks so much for visiting today! Have a great day!

Connie

Card Details:
Images: Butterfly Moments, Flourished Words
Paper: Soft Suede, Confetti Cream, Parisian Breeze
Inks: Copics, Walnut stain distress ink
Accessories: Velvet tan ribbon, Soft sky double stitched ribbon, Antique brass brads, sponges

24 comments:

  1. Connie - this is soooooo gorgeous!!! Perfect take on the poster you chose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, simply stunning!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picking my jaw up off the floor!! Fabulous card! Truly fabulous with a really pretty inspiration piece! You nailed this one Connie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All right now, I have to go with Julie here and try to pick up my jaw off of the floor. WOW, Connie, this is so stunningly beautiful. Now I know for sure I'll have to give you my address ;D;D;D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors and patterns, Connie!!! Beautifully colored and detailed!!! Lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THUD!!! What a beautiful card - love the mix of patterns and the butterfly is just stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful card Connie. I really love the color combo you used and the layout is super! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! This is amazing!! I have to try the challenge. Thank you for sharing the wonderful inspired card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is stunning! I went to Timeless Tuesday and it jumped out at me immediately. Absolutely gorgeous. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW! That is SO SO SO gorgeous! STUNNINGLY gorgeous!!!!!! WOW! Have I said WOW yet?!! Connie, you ROCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Connie, this is just beautiful. The papers are just stunningly perfect for this awesome butterfly image. Love the layout design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Wow! Wow! This card looks so good on your blog! Well, it would look good anywhere but it just fits so nicely here. What beautiful colors. I am amazed how brown pretty much goes with any color. Its beautiful here with the blue! Elegant, fancy schmancy, and up town classy! It rocks!

    Thank you for visiting me from time time! I truly appreciate you stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! WOW I LOVE THIS!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely gorgeous Connie!!! Love it!! Stunning creation and awesome colors and ribbon! Love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely breathtaking, Connie...such GORGEOUS colors and papers on this beauty and the butterfly is FABULOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOWZER!! More gorgeousness!! I love the dimension on the butterfly!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow,Connie!!!! I love this card! Gorgeous butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful! I love the colors and your butterfly, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, your comments are appreciated! Have a great day!! Connie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive