Thursday, June 25, 2009

LSC226 - Journey

I made this card for SCS LSC 226...it was a kind of follow the list times three. You were given a menu of three lists, and you could choose one thing for your card from each list...type of image...colors...and type of embellishments. I chose an automobile for my image, a neutral color scheme, and natural fibers and hardware.


The image I used is form Innovative Stamp Creations Men of Wisdom sheet. I heat embossed the card with black craft and clear embossing powder. Nope, the background is not DP, it is also an image from this same set, which was also heat embossed with craft black and clear EP on kraft paper. All of the edges were distressed and sponged with black soot distress ink. To finish off the card, I added the natural hemp and Tim Holtz charm and metal corners.

Thanks so much for visiting today! Have a great weekend...be sure to come back on Sunday to check out the ISC blog sketch challenge!!

Connie

Card Details:
Images: Men of Wisdom - ISC
Paper: Black, Kraft, Confetti Cream
Inks: Craft Black, Black Soot Distress Ink
Accessories: Sponges, Hemp twine, Tim Holtz Charm, Tim Holtz Metal Corners

19 comments:

  1. Connie, this is wonderful! The image really stands out when embossed like this. Can you share what the DP is? I don't recognize it and it's beautiful! TFS!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great colors and papers for this sensational image!! I love this wonderful masculine creation!! Outstanding work, Connie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool! Great vintage feel and image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card for ANY guy, Connie!! I love the simplicity and the metal tag you chose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZER!! Connie, this is so fabby!! I love the vintage feel as well as the elegant look!! Awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Connie, what a stunning man card!!!! Love it. I think I need to add this image to my "must have" list :D. This would have made a perfect Father's Day card. I'll have to remember for next year ;D. Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your stamped "DP" looks great. Nice masuline card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Connie what a perfect masculine card! I love it!!! That reminds me I need to make one for my DFIL pretty soon.... going to be 95 and loves old cars!!! He remembers good times in them I guess!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how classy and wonderful...a fab masculine creation

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooooo cool! I love the colors and the hardware you used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous colors and patterns, Connie!!! Love the design and the hardware detailing is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Connie this is so wonderful! Love the colors and that car is so cool! Love the hardware too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This would have to be one of the most perfect masculine cards and you totally nailed this challenge Connie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card Connie! love the layout and the colors you used...fab jog & tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A stunning, amazing card!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just fantastic, Connie. What wonderful colors - they look awesome with this vintage car. Your metal corner embellishments are truly divine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Connie - love this - I think that car is perfect for a black and white card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, your comments are appreciated! Have a great day!! Connie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive