For this first card, I used the MMSC23 sketch which, by the way, is sponsored by ISC this week!! Play along and you can win a chance at $50 worth of stamp sheets from ISC!!! How fun is that!I started by heat embossing the tree image with gold embossing powder on basic black paper. The distressed words image from this set was used for the three panels behind my main image. I stamped this image in palette black in directly onto some antique gold paper. For the base panel, I stamped the flourish image from this set in gold ink on basic black paper. Love how you can create your own DP with these fun and elegant background images!!
To finish off this card, I added some black brads, gold rope, and the sentiment, which is from the Festive Season set from ISC.
For this second card, I started by stamping the tree,
distressed word background, then sentiment and the flourished image in palette black ink on very vanilla paper. I then drenched the paper in some Aspen yellow tattered angels glimmer mist. Boy how it sparkles!!I then finished off this card by distressing all the edges with my Tim Holtz distressing tool, and then added a few black photo turn mounts!
Also, don't forget that ISC is offering 10% off your order! The Christmas Stamp Line is jammed packed and for a limited time only the retail price has been reduced!
Now on to your next stop on the blog hop to see what Wendy has created for you with this same wonderful sheet!!
If all the links for the hop are not working, I have listed the other team member's links below...in their Blog Hop order, just in case!!
ISC blog, Kathy, Sabrina, Julie, Joanne, Connie (that's me!!), Wendy, ISC blog
Connie
Card Details:
Images: Eclectic Christmas
Paper: Card one: Very Vanilla, Basic Black; Card two: Basic Black, Antique Gold
Inks: Card one: Palette Black ink; Card two: Palette Black ink, Versamark, Gold Encore Ink
Accessories: Card one: Black Photo Turn Mounts, Tim Holtz Distressing Tool, Aspen Yellow Glimmer Mist; Card Two: Gold Rope, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Oval Punches













So pretty
ReplyDeleteConnie, I love your colors.
Both of these are beautiful. This is such a unique image, great job Connie.
ReplyDeleteLovely, lovely Christmas card. I love all that gold embossing on the navy!! Looks great!! Great job with the sketch. The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing with us this week.
ReplyDeletePhyllis MMDesign Team
These are both gorgeous, Connie! Love the gold embossing on black; so dramatic! And the shimmer and distressed edges on the second one are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteConnie, both of your cards are truly amazing!!! Love the elegant look of the gold/black on the first one and the yellowish and black on the second are so unexpected. Just GORGEOUS!!! Hugs, Sabrina
ReplyDeleteWow Connie!! Just love these rich regal creations!!! I love your gold embossing and your take on the MMSC sketch this week!! You rock girl!!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, Inky impressions is going to have a new release soon. They look adorable as well!!! Sorry....had to enable you some more.
hugs,
Chris
Love these rich, dark beauties, Connie!! What wonderful holiday cards!!
ReplyDeleteConnie - I love both cards....they are FABULOUS!!! You soooooo rocked the sketch...I think this is the most gorgeous card I have seen with this sketch!!! Hugs ~S~
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful pair of cards Connie! That tree is so interesting as a stamp shaped off center in the oval that way. Lovely on both!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, LOVE the rope accent on the first one. :)
ReplyDeleteConnie I just love the nostalgic look for your Midnight Madness Card. So elegant and graceful with spectacular lines. Thanks for playing along with us at MMSC this week. We sure did appreciate it!
ReplyDeleteCarol
MMSC-Guest Designer
Hello Connie - well you have rocked the MMSC with this gorgeous creation! Love the black and gold embossing, it adds so much depth and texture! I am loving this!! Thank you for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we look forward to seeing what you do next week! See you at the Blog Hop on October 16!
ReplyDeleteLinda MMSC Guest Designer
I'm not hopping, but I just wanted to stop and say WOW, these cards are awesome! I especially love the distressed black and brown. Totally fabulous!
ReplyDeleteSuch amazing creations hun!! LOVE the beautiful take on the sketch!! WOW!! You always have such amazing details!!HUGS
ReplyDeleteWhat and awesome embosssing job. It is such a great holiday themed card and wonderful take on the sketch. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week and SEE YOU AT THE HOP!!
ReplyDeletePriscilla
MMSC Hostess