Sunday, April 1, 2012

ODBD April Blog Hop!


Welcome to the Our Daily Bread designs April Release Blog Hop! If you got here from Sabrina's amazing blog, you are in the right place. If not you might want to start at the Our Daily Bread designs Blog and start from the beginning. If you get lost along the way, simply return there, where the entire hop is listed with links. All the blog hop details are on also listed on the blog, so make sure and check it out!



On to my card details! Here I have used the totally sweet Dog Sympathy set. I created a simple gate fold and used some fun Basic Grey DP. The image was stamped in momento black ink and colored the dog image with copic markers. To finish off the card, I added some orange ribbon from the really reasonable ribbon store, and a few half backed gems from Zva Creative.



Now, hope on over to Sandee's wonderful blog for even more amazing cards! Thanks so much for visiting! Have a great day!

Connie

83 comments:

  1. well ill be doggone....great card. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this gate fold, Connie!! perfect placement for the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo cute Connie! The gate fold really is perfect for this image/sentiment! Love the dp! Wonderful!!!

    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie, I love this! The gatefold is so cool and I love the Max & Whiskers paper with it....too sweet!!!! Blessings, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors are so complimentary to your image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so adorable. I love the way it opens with all the colorful layering. My grandson would love this! Thanks for your hard work in making this to share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, look at how cute he is. Love the hot colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, great coloring. Love the gate fold. This is really a fun card. Thanks so much for sharing. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am such a dog person. i am just so happy about these new sets. this is such a cute and well colored car. i like that it is a tri fold. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this card your copic skill is great. you really did a awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card!
    The colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card, I just love this new set for animals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice card... the colors are a perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice card, that dog is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Connie You did such a beautiful job coloring this sweet image!!! Beautiful card my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done! The sentiment is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The first thing that went through my head when I opened your page and saw your card was "awwwww" Love the great colors you used and your image is so beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful, Connie! Love the gatefold and the fun colors. Such a sweet dog and love the way you colored him.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a great card. I love the vibrant orange you used with the patterned paper. Such a sweet stamped image & sentiment as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your background. What a wonderful way to display the main image. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a Wonderful gate card and lovely coloring of the sweet dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful coloring and I like the gate fold of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card! I love the how you put the sentiment on gatefold. You certainly brought the dog to life.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a cute dog, I like the gate fold you used on your card

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this card. Using a gate fold was a great way to showcase the dog and the sentiment. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awh! how to sweet is this! love the fold of the card and your amazing coloring, and this darling image!
    hugsd
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Connie, a really, really cute card! I have a friend who just got a new dog -- perfect card for her!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like how you used a different look to your card, double open with the dog on the front. Gives me great ideas.....my coworker just lost her dog on Friday and was crying to me about her loss. It's so sad when we lose a best friend. This is a wonderful card anyone would appreciate to receive. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I absolutely love this sentiment, (I type this as I sit here with not one, but 2 dogs in my lap, so is it any wonder?)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so very darling. We have a beagle too and they are the most loving dogs. Your card is a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the paper set you used, the color combo with that bright ribbon, very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. SWEET doggy!!!!! LOVE all the layering, the prints, AND the hidden message! :) BEAUTIFUL JOB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful fold card Connie! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love this card! Without seeing the sentiment used I immediately thought..this would be a great "I am sorry (for whatever misdeed)card." Which makes this set even more diverse! Wonderful job!
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  35. Perfect sentiment for one of God's most cherished animals. I like the happy colors you used because dogs bring much happiness to us.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Connie!!
    I love your color combos and the creativity in which you used to show only the precious pup then as you open the card---it reveals the sentiment:) Thanks you for sharing and for allowing me to glean from you:) be blessed
    ~Beyond Measure
    Tammy
    www.urbeyondmeasure.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful card Connie, the bow is definately eyes catching :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Awww. What a sweet card. I love that fold!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love everything about this card. Colors are great and the dog is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh - what a sweet dog! You make him look real. And the fold with the verse under the flap is a great idea. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love your card! The colors are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is darling Connie! I just love that sad puppy face! The colors you selected are so beautiful and I LOVE how you hid the sentiment panel in a gatefold card! So lovely! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a fun card!!! Love your choice of the Basic Grey papers. They really compliment your colored image!

    ReplyDelete
  44. It made me smile and I'm still smiling. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a sweet puppy! Beautiful card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Very cute. Love the shape and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Connie, girl, you did it again!!! Your card is stunning from the paper to the ribbon to the AMAZING coloring! I love, love, love this card!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  48. I like everything about this card from the dog to the gate folding and the patterned paper. WHat I especially admire is the even spacing of the layered papers. How do you get it to look so straight and even? This is my weakest area in cardmaking. Do share here or send me an email

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great card, that dog makes me want to get down on the ground and cuddle him. I love the gatefold and where you added the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Connie, I really like your dog card. Your coloring is so good. I like the way your card opens too.
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  51. So sweet!! Great coloring and love how you set the sentiment behind the adorable image.

    ReplyDelete
  52. such a cute doggie card.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Connie: I love your card. That dog is so precious. The look in the eyes are priceless.

    Margie F.

    ReplyDelete
  54. What a fun folded card! But that poor dog looks so sad!! Maybe he needs someone to send a card to him. : ) Great colors that you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Wonderful dog card--I like the fold and the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Awesome coloring! Love the dp and the gate fold.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love this gate card...the dog is so adorable from this new release. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I've always loved gate cards, and yours is beautiful, thoughtful, and caring. Thanks for sharing your artistry!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Darling card! Your dog is adorable (and your coloring is beautiful). Love the gatefold, and the sentiment is perfect. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  60. What a great card; love everything about it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Great Card! I love the way you use patterned papers together.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Lovely card, those sad, puppy dog eyesbreak my heart though. They look so real.

    ReplyDelete
  63. What a WONDERFUL puppy card, I love the fold, and the DSP, and your colouring.. oh... its all so wonderful!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  64. great card to welcome a new pet into soeones family, nicely done, with that special fold

    ReplyDelete
  65. Very nice card. Great job.

    Holly Paulson

    ReplyDelete
  66. Really a very well done card with much feeling and talent in it. Ty for sharing it with us. Great job of coloring. ekc

    ReplyDelete
  67. Wonderful card Connie. I love the warm colors.

    ReplyDelete
  68. So sweet, love the fancy fold and that sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Connie, I love your gatefold card and sweet bow! What a pretty canvas for a sweet puppy card!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Aaahhh!!! Such a cute expression on the face.! Very nice card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  71. I have a pic of my dog with those same 'puppy dog eyes' - your card has inspired me to do a scrapbok page of her. I got my first pet when I moved into my first apt. She was a sweet Terrier/Dauschand mix and was a great friend until she passed a few years ago. I still think of her often.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Great card, love the image and there is humour to, although the stamp set is a sympathy set it can still raise a smile and be good for male cards.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Love this cute card. The colors are great. I love the fold of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Love this cute card. The colors are great and I love the fold of this card

    ReplyDelete
  75. Great gatefold card. These are great stamp sets and more versatile that it first seems. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  76. what a sweet sweet card. The gatefold just makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  77. So cool, Con! And the colors are so nice with it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, your comments are appreciated! Have a great day!! Connie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive