Friday, July 1, 2011

ODBD July Blog Hop!!


Hello! Welcome to the July 1 release blog hop for Our Daily Bread Designs! If you got here from Chris's blog, you are in the right place! If not, you might want to start at the ODBD Blog where you will see the entire list with links just in case any are broken along the way!

The Hop will run 8am EDT July 1 til 8pm EDT July 2.

The winners will be announced on the ODBD Blog on July 3.

There will be FOUR great prizes!

To find out all the deets on how to qualify, head on over to the ODBD blog!

Now, onto my card for the day! I am so in love with this Not Forgotten set and matching Old Flag background image! Here I have stamped the image and background flag on very vanilla card stock with memento black ink. I then colored the flag with copics, crumpled up the images and rubbed old paper distress ink directly over the wrinkles to give it that aged look!

To finish off the card, I added some star brads from Stampin' Up, and some Sheer iridescent red/blue organza ribbon from the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store!

Now, onto the next stop on the hop! Head on over to Lisa's amazing blog!!

Thanks so much for visiting today! Have a great weekend!!

Connie

Card Details:
Images: Not Forgotten, Old Flag Background - ODBD
Inks: Memento Black, Old Paper Distress Ink, Copics
Paper: Real Red, Night of Navy, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Ribbon from the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store, Star Brads

143 comments:

  1. Connie, this is so awesome! I love the entire design....colors are stunning, love the layered images and the star brads are too perfect!!! Hugs!! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. a wonderful card!

    i love the ribbon and the metal-embellishments...great combination!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fact you used the flag background stamp twice. That's very effective. LOVE the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a fabulous sample, Connie! love the star brads too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful card. I love the bow and the brads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Lovely card.
    Love the looks of the old fashion flag.
    Wonderful patriotic card
    ColleenB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Connie I love this so much! The way you distressed the images gives this card a beautiful vintage quality that I love!!! And the ribbon is the perfect embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somehow the ribbon looks so pretty on this otherwise manly card...LOL!! Love the aged look you achieved! Awesome, Connie CardMaker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been traveling thru out the blogs-and this set is so beautiful-I love how you have chosen the colors the meaning of this awesome card. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. how superbly well done in creation. It should be framed

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like you put a lot of work into this card. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect card!!! I love it it is so patriotic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another wonderful card with that stamp set! Love it!
    Kim Sottung
    Kasot@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! What an awesome card. I just love this stamp set. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Connie, the soldier layered over the flag - WOW - what a powerful and patriotic card!!! Then to add those lovely details of the brads and ribbon with that sentiment, your card rocks!!! Many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, Connie! I love the distressing over the crisp colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello. Your cards are inspirational. Keep up the good work. Happy 4th July USA, EllenaElizabeth, Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This release is so touching. Your card sends chills about my body. Been thru it..my son is in the military and there are no words to say how one feels when one leaves and when one comes home.
    Enjoy the wonderful Celebration of America this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Connie!! Your lining up of the image with the flag background is awesome! The ribbon is a perfect touch! Stunning design my friend! Have a great holiday weekend!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is awesome! Love the beautiful design and your wonderful techniques. Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super patriotic looking. Just a wonderful card.

    Mary
    www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. very nice use of the stamps.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this stamp set, I am going to have to get it. Great card....
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just love this image. I have been proud to have been a military wife. So this image is very special to me. Thanks for sharing
    Hugs, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow, this card is so beautiful. it makes me so proud to be an american. your framing is gorgeous. love the ribbon and embelishments too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Connie this is absolutely stunning! WHat a gorgeous layout and I love the star brads! Beautiful job!

    Have a wonderful holiday weekend!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very striking! Perfect choice of sentiment combined with the other elements.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice layout of the card, and I think the brads set it off just right. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  31. beautiful strong card love the layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. beautiful card. love the layering

    ReplyDelete
  33. My oh My what an amazing card you have created. I just love the way you stamped over the image. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card. It says it all. I like your Hydranga card also.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Connie I love what you did with these sets. Your distressing is just the perfect finishing touch to a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, such a gorgeous patriotic creations! Love the touch of that sheer ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Connie, LOVE the layering on this and that gorgeous bow!! WOW! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lisa your card is fantastic! I love the picture and all the colors! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your card is gorgeous! I love the bible quote, it's so perfect for your card.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great card. I really like your placement of each element.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow, Connie I love the way you've showcased the flag! Each designer has done something different. The aged paper ink and crumpling really looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  42. A lovely card...I particularly like the way you have picked up the tones of red....beautiful...and such a powerful verse. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Each time I see these stamps I love them even more! You all have a different twist on how you use them and the creativity is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh my goodness! Such a stunning card! It honestly took my breath away. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Incredible! So pretty! and so meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is so beautiful that it brings tears to my eyes. I have watched our men and women go off to many wars and I think this shows a warmth and love that is rarely caught on a single page!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I just love the image of the soldier. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great design! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great job. This card really has the power to evoke strong emotions. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Awesome card- Love everything about it - using the background stamp twice is a super idea !!
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  51. Lovely card, thanks for sharing it during the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  52. The distressed look is perfect for this card. The brads are the final touch. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Great card! Love the colors and distressing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  54. WOW! This is just stunning. Thanks for sharing how you crafted such a work of art! Beautiful work! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Wonderful layout - beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  56. What a beautiful patriotic card. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Another beautiful interpretation of these stamps. The layering is great! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Beautiful job! I'd like to know how you made the flag look smaller and in proportion to the soldier on the top layer.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Amazing card!! Love everything about it!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. WOW! THE SOLDIER REALLY BECOMES ONE WITH THE FLAG. BEAUTIFULLY DONE.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Beautiful card - the distressing it so perfect on this. Great sketch. The star brads accents work so well on this.

    ReplyDelete
  62. This is a beautiful card, very patriotic.

    ReplyDelete
  63. What an inspiring card. I just love this flag.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Love the way you used just a little bit of color.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Terrific technique to pop-out the design!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Beautiful - love all the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Love the vintage look you have done with the new stamp, just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  68. Love how you've used these terrific images. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Gorgeous card...you have done an amazing job with the old flag background. Thank you,

    ReplyDelete
  70. Fabulous! The sailor and the flag are are perfectly colored. I like the sailor as it is stamped with only a bit of of green. The crumpling step makes all the difference. The stars, and the ribbon, and especially the verse are wonderful. An awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Stunning! This is such a powerful work of art! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  72. Wow! Love how you used all these images and layers to create an awesome, memorable card!!

    ReplyDelete
  73. This card is amazing. Would make an awesome OWH any Hero card! It's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Fantastic card. Love the colors. So patriotic. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  75. What a wonderful card!! That backgound stamp is a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Wow! What an amazing card...very striking. Perfect card to honor our american heroes

    ReplyDelete
  77. This is such a wonderful card. I like how you used the background stamps on both layers on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Love the crumpled effect. Very nice card

    ReplyDelete
  79. What a lovely card to receive, I wish I was receiving it. A beautiful job in coloring and layering. TFS. Eunice B

    ReplyDelete
  80. I really really like this set you all inspire me.... Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  81. You did a great job on this card! I love the layout and pretty bow. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Love your creation Connie! The colors are so rich and add a certain emotion to the image. And the ribbon is such a subtle touch! Wow! Love it all! {hugs} Lori

    ReplyDelete
  83. Brilliantly done Connie. I love how you have put the two stamps together like that. the ribbon is gorgeous to match. Love the stars down the bottom as well.
    hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  84. Such an amazing card. All elements perfect together. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  85. Connie, your card is amazing and just my style. Your sneak peek is pretty delightful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Connie, I love what you did with the "not forgoten" stamp! Your card is gorgeous with the reds!!
    Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  87. That patriotic card is stunning! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Connie,I love how you added distress to your card by crumpling the images. The star brads are a great addition to this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  89. Such a beautiful and inspiring patriotic card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  90. This patriotic card is amazing! Love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  91. Oh, my...the "flag" card is beautiful...striking...oh, my...!!

    ReplyDelete
  92. Connie, your card is stunning. I love the old flag and the combination of patriotism and scripture. That ribbon is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  93. Your card is awesome I love the patriotic design. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  94. I just LOVE your technique. You have given the appearance of authenticity. Very NICE!!!

    Thank you for sharing!
    Carol Froehlich

    ReplyDelete
  95. That card speaks volumes. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  96. This is awesome, Connie! Love the two color sentiment and wonderful aged look you created.

    ReplyDelete
  97. Love your card especially the distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  98. Great card. It is stunning.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  99. Love the layering on your card and the pretty ribbon adds just the right touch. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  100. Such an awesome card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  101. OOO, I love your card!!! It is gorgeous! I like the soldier overstamped on the flag!

    ReplyDelete
  102. Great card - like the distressing and the star buttons. The soldier stamp really makes me stop & think about how grateful I am to be an American.

    ReplyDelete
  103. Oh Connie this set has to come to me. In 1970 on New Years Eve. I married my husband who was in the Navy he had to report to his ship one week after we got married :(

    Love your card
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  104. thank for your ideas! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  105. This is a standout card! I love the background stamp on the two layers.

    ReplyDelete
  106. Very cool! love your technique, your distressing & coloring! THanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  107. What a wonderful card! The colors are so rich and yet have a vintage look to them, great job!!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  108. Thanks for explaining how you distressed your card. I LoVe the look!

    ReplyDelete
  109. I'm not an American, but I love these stamps...such a lovely set.

    ReplyDelete
  110. Your card is mesmerizing!

    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  111. Love your card. The colors and layering are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  112. beautiful use of stamps and embellies. VERY touching and inspirational! Love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  113. another very patriotic card. loved how you pulled everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  114. Love the card- and especially the sentiment- you brought it all togehter so well with the ribbon too! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  115. I love your card. It is wonderful. I am getting ideas going in my head.

    Holly Paulson

    ReplyDelete
  116. this is a terrific patriotic card-love this new set

    ReplyDelete
  117. Stunning! Love the sentiment you used with this image! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  118. The embellishments coordinate so well with your beautiful stamped, colored images.

    ReplyDelete
  119. Oh my, I have to admit, I teared up when I saw this image, as I just read the story behind this image. What a beautiful way to represent our Soldiers and also our everday battle in this world. Thank God, that HE is in control and all turns out great in the end!
    GOD WINS!

    ReplyDelete
  120. Your card is so stunningly beautiful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  121. This a fabulous card! Mary R.

    ReplyDelete
  122. Connie, Oh my gosh, I love your card the military card is amazing. But I love the hydrangea one and the book mark also. You are a very talented lady. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  123. Gorgeous matching ribbon! Wish I could tie bows like that! Pretty hydrangea card too.

    ReplyDelete
  124. Fabulous card. Love the distressed look.

    ReplyDelete
  125. Connie, oh my goodness, this is such a fabulous card and your coloring....WOW....love it! Have a blessed holiday weekend! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  126. This is a gorgeous card and I love that scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  127. what a fantastic card you've created! I love the design, colors, sentiment--just awesome
    linda patti tpatti@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  128. Those colors are really something! The layering and the ribbon....the verse....it's a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  129. Wonderful card, love how you put it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  130. to me the red ribbon did all the difference!
    http://stores.ebay.com/Miluscrapbooking?_rdc=1
    love
    **Milu**

    ReplyDelete
  131. This card actually makes me want to salute! Great colors and elements!

    ReplyDelete
  132. Awesome, totally AWESOME. What a great tribute to our soldiers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, your comments are appreciated! Have a great day!! Connie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive