Monday, February 1, 2010

FTTC52A - Love this Sketch!!


This card is a sample for Cindy's "it's a sketch" challenge (FTTC52A), over on the Flourishes Newsletter blog!! Please check out the Flourishes Anniversary Celebration post to find out how to play along!

For this card, I am using the Waterlilies set! I stamped it with palette black ink and then colored it with copics. I then sponged the image panel with scattered straw, tattered rose and walnut stain distress inks. The DP used on the four back panels (which were cut out using the labels 1 Nestabilities) and the base panel is from Basic Grey's Porcelain DP package. To finish off the card, I added some brown grosgrain ribbon along with the sentiment.

Thanks so much for visiting today!!

Connie

Card Details:
Images: Waterlilies - Flourishes
Paper: Chocolate Chip, White, Basic Grey DP,
Inks: Palette Black, Copics, Scattered Straw, Tattered Rose, and Walnut stain distress ink
Accessories: Labels 1 Nestabilities, Brown Grosgrain Ribbon

21 comments:

  1. This is a really nice and versatile sketch -- pretty card!
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Connie, thanks so much for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie this is so pretty! Great shading, ever so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors of this card, the way they are blended together is a great effect.Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a dreamy watercolour feel the Basic Grey gives to this - perfect for a Monet impression.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful patterns and design with this sketch, Connie! I love the effect with marbled dp! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful great coloring of the water lily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the background paper, waay too cool! Using the black as a border makes the whole image pop! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! Love the porcelain paper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just stunning, love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your waterlily makes a very dramatic image. Love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful soft BG. Beautiful card with the waterlily.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a gorgeous card. Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty, I have this image and haven't gotten to ink it yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous!! I love the way you sponged the panels, fabulous colors too!!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors and the texture against the rich brown!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Way to rock this challenge. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really pretty. Unusual colors, great job with the copics & distressed inks. I have enjoyed all your cards on this Anniversary Challenge and have learned a lot. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty card - and a very creative way to highlight this stamp.
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great take on the sketch! Such a lovely calm feeling card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card really showcases the waterlilly beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, your comments are appreciated! Have a great day!! Connie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive