Thursday, February 18, 2010

Home Sweet Nest??

I am just in LOVE with this Nest set from Our Daily Bread Designs!! I started stamping one card with it yesterday and ended up doing two!!

My first card uses the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #41. This sketch is just perfect to display this wonderful Basic Grey Origins DP!! The image was colored with copics, and then adorned with some buttons in the corners. To finish off the card, I added the sentiment!

My second card's image was also colored with copics, only this time the nest is a bit lighter in color. The clouds in the background and on the base layer were created by masking and sponging. The verse is stamped on some DP which is from the Deja View Timeless collection. To finish off the card, I added some brown grosgrain ribbon tied to the side and fastened with a filigree and blue crystal brad, and a photo corner with additional blue gems!

Thanks so much for visiting! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Connie

Card 1 Details:
Images: Nest - ODBD
Paper: Garden Green, So Saffron, Origins DP Basic Grey
Inks: Palette Black, Copics
Accessories: Buttons, Twine

Card 2 Details:
Images: Nest - ODBD
Paper: White, Brown, Deja View Timeless DP
Inks: Palette Black, Baja Breeze, Copics
Accessories: Brown Grosgrain Ribbon, Filigree with blue crystal brad, blue gems, Photo Corner punch

14 comments:

  1. both of these are fabulous.....there is something about a nest that is truly natural and beautiful...you captured that beauty on both

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie - these are both gorgeous cards!!! I agree these are fab new Sets...and you made them look perfect!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connie, what fabulous cards - I always love your colouring and the MMSC one is done in such earthy tones - gorgeous! You have used the sketch so beautifully and those buttons are perfect!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, it is always a pleasure seeing your cards and we look forward to having you play along next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I really like the top one - I dig those colors. The nest image is very detailed. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie, I just love this image and what you have done! Your coloring is always impeccable. How attractive and sensational this is. Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness this week.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :o}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness these are two gorgeous cards. Love card #1 as my favorite because of the papers you used. Wonderful work! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow..both these cards are awesome. With your MMSC card, Your dp and colors are perfect for that image. Your other one has such wonderful clouds..well done on both :) Thank you so much for joining in the fun this week at the Midnight Madness sketch challenge blog. I wanted to just let you know that the MMSC42 Sneak Peek has been posted. It may look intimidating, but I hope you give it a go and just have fun with it. I will be posting the CAS sketch on Tuesday. I can’t wait to see what you come up with :)
    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both beautiful cards, Connie! The clouds look really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both your cards are so cool but the blue card is stunninig with that awesome sky! Wowzers, Con!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are so gorgeous Connie!!! I LOVE the colors of the first one and it works beautifully with the MMS this week! Your copic skills are truly amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW ~ stunning in every way! I specially love the clouds in the second and just so beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Connie, so glad to see you playing :) this card is so welcoming with that nest. Very well executed on the sketch and embellishments. Always such fun to see, you give us a treat everytime. Thanks for playing this week, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boy girl!! These are so different but oh so beautiful!! I love your green and yellow rich hues on the first creation as well as all your details and take on the sketch! Such a beautiful take on the sketch!

    The cloud paper is so fun and fitting for the image as well. you are so talented and creative my friend!!

    Gorgeous creations!

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of these are beautiful. I especially like your clouds on the second one, just awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, your comments are appreciated! Have a great day!! Connie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive