Friday, November 12, 2010

Really Reasonable RIbbon November Blog Hop!

Oooohhhh! I am just sooo excited about my first blog hop with the rest of the Really Reasonable Ribbon Design Team! If you have arrived from Kerri's fabulous blog, you are in the correct place. If not, you may want to head over to the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog to start at the beginning!!

If you have not seen this month's Ribbon Club assortment, you really must check it out...Silver and Blue oh my!!! :) I have used two of the ribbons from this Month's assortment on my card today...the Silver and Blue Shimmer Satin ribbons!

As you can see on my card, I stamped the snowflake image which is from the Peace & Joy set from Our Daily Bread Designs, cut it out with the Snowflake die, and popped it up on a punched out circle. To create the "bow" behind the image, I cut 2" strips of blue and silver ribbons, folded them in half to create the pointed loops, and adhered them to the back of the image. The base panel was created by stamping the Snowflake Swirls background stamp on some Vintage Silver Luster paper from the Paper Temptress.
To finish off the card, I added a bit more ribbon across the base of the card to create the "package" look, and added the sentiment.

Now, to continue on you will want to hop on over to Cheryl's AMAZING blog! Oh, before I send you on your way, I want to mention that you still have time to enter our bi-weekly challenge "Winter - Blue, White Silver" over on the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog! It will close tonight (Nov.13th) at 11:59 pm EST!


Challenges I made this card for:
Speedy The Cat Friends Challenge #29- Snowflakes
Crazy 4 Challenges C4C63: Christmas
Paper Sundaes #43- Let it Snow
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Card with Weather - Rain, Snow, Ice etc.
Secret Crafter #109 - Sparkle & Shine!
Diecut Dreams Christmas Club #43- Snowflakes
Sweet Stampin' Challenge blog - Snowflakes
If The Shoe Fits - DIY Embellishment


Thanks so much for visiting today! Have a wonderful day!

Connie

Card Details:
Images: Snowflake Swirls Background, Peace and Joy - ODBD
Inks: Brilliant Blue
Paper: Brilliant Blue card stock, Vintage Silver Luster card stock
Accessories: Silver and Blue Shimmer Satin Ribbons from RRR Monthly Club assortment; Snowflake Die, Circle Punches

82 comments:

  1. Lovely card, and the way you made that bow is so clever. It is such an elegant Cchristmas card. Am loving this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, what a beautiful card you made here, Connie ! Love the DP amd the way you used the ribbons, both as a package and as a snowflake; great idea :-) Thanks for sharing.
    Have a nice weekend. Now I'll hop on to Cheryl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie, your card is so wonderful. Your snowflake with the ribbons is a great idea.
    Thanks for the idea.

    Hugs Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie, What a elegant card! I love it!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous holiday card!!! I love everything about it, colors, layout, the bow, just beautiful!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beatiful card!

    Hugs, Jolita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Connie
    I am hopping by just to tell you that I love your card with the lovely snowflake and your cute way of using the ribbons :-)
    Thanks for sharing!
    -Helle in Norway-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Connie....What a stunning card. Absolutely gorgeous; I love how you made the ribbon. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly gorgeous Connie :)
    Love how you have used the ribbon. Great idea! :)

    TFS

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. your card is beautiful, very elegant x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful design!!Such a great little package!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow such an Elegant card love the snowflake.Thanks for showcasing,must hop on hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  13. your card is just beautiful and I love the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow such a amzing ribbon flower behind the snowflake
    your card is amazing hun
    hopping along now, bye bye
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  15. very beautiful! I love the ideas!! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Connie this is truly gorgeous! I love the blue and silver and the "bow" is so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, this is so pretty. I love how you created the background paper and embellishment. Your card really sparkles like winter snow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE your card! Snowflakes have been a favorite of mine as a theme this year for Christmas cards and so your card really speaks to me! It shows off those gorgeous ribbons to perfection! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, absolutely gorgeous! Such an elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a pretty card! I love what you did with that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so elegant Connie, I love that ribbon rosette :)

    Hope you're having a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi there Connie, beautiful present looking card, love the combo of the two lush colours! I've joined in too for RRR challenge, great to see your wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely ribbons and a really beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the card and thank you for letting us know how you did the ribbon. I never thought of doing something like that and I love it. Love your blues and those wonderful snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is stunning! I just love the colors and the design and that ribbon is a most have. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh what a beautiful card. And of course, the ribbon looks so great on the card!
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW!! Connie, your creations are so so amazing sweetie!! This is so elegant and a wonderful shimmer everywhere!! LOVE IT!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely beautiful, elegant card. It's just lovely.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! What an elegant card! Love how you used the ribbon to look like a wrapping bow.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great card Connie! It looks like a pretty little present. I love the way you made the bow. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so elegant! Stunning! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow! those stamps are so pretty using the blue and silver TFS

    Darlene
    desaucier at bellsouth dot net

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh WoW Connie!
    My jaw hit the floor when your page popped up!
    I love the package look to your card and what you did with the ribbon is awesome! just to let you know....I WILL BE CASEing you! Tehehe!
    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Simply gorgeous! I love the bow behind your image. Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  35. such a pretty card i love it. tfs!
    -jamie
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. wow!!!!!!!!!! that is one creative way to use ribbon!!! ur ribbon star looks marvelous! as does the whole product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is so elegant! I just love the colors and the design.

    Kari :-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. stunning card. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh wow, Connie, this is GORGEOUS! I just love your bow!

    ReplyDelete
  40. gorgeous....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

    ReplyDelete
  41. Stunning card! So elegant looking! The use of the blue and silver ribbon is fabulous! Absolutely gorgeous! Spectacular job!

    ~Hugs~Kym

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a lovely elegant Christmas card, the blue and silver go great together, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Gorgeous card, I love the ribbon points behind the image. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  44. At first I didn't know it was a card instead of a Christmas package.....totally gorgeous!!!!!tfs

    ReplyDelete
  45. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bow! What a great idea! I gotta give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Connie this is stunning! I love that snowflake that was die cut and the background stamping! Thanks for playing with us at Speedy's Friends! Hugs, Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  47. WOW, WOW< WOW I love this ! Great use of the ribbon! Holy smokes. Way to rock the house in your first RRR hop, girl! Splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Stunning card!!LOVE your beautiful ribbon bow.

    ReplyDelete
  49. What a beautiful and elegant card this is! I love it!

    Hugs,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  50. so beautiful!
    elegant! Thank you for playing with us at Die Cut Dreams Christmas club!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wow Connie, I loooove how you've used the ribbons to create this fantastic "Xmas present" card. Awesome!!
    Thanks for sharing ;)

    Lots of love, Randi WS

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hello Connie - this is such a stunning card! I love your DP and the crisp colours you have used! Gorgeous ribbon too! What a great take on the SSIC Challenge! Love it! Thanks you for joining is at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week!! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  53. A stunning, elegant card. I love how you have used the fab ribbon. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hello! thanks for the opportunity to participate in this blog hop that lets me know works as cute as yours! how delicate are your cards, very nice ideas to consider! Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Ooooh that is so pretty and the ribbon is sooo shimmery.

    ReplyDelete
  56. It's Gorgeous. LOve your colours, and your ribbon looks Fabulous.
    Thank you for joining us at Die cut Dreams Christmas Club.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  57. Oh, that card is so very elegant -- just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. Love your card! The layered bow is so festive!
    Thanks for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  59. Your card is gorgeous. Good luck with all the challenges you entered.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Oh your card is so pretty in the blue and silver - Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Truly beautiful creation this gorgeous colour combo is awesome fab way to use ribbon ..gonna have a go at this..

    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  62. Your snowflake card is amazing, especialy your ribbon technique. Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Thanks for the detailed explanation on the how to fold the ribbon to make the "snowflake".

    ReplyDelete
  64. WOW!! This is so amazing and stunning! LOVE the shimmer!!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Awesome card!!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Connie, I so love that ribbon on the card. Such a beautiful look and the elegance is pouring in. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  67. I love the way you made your bow and I think your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Wow Connie your creations are Awesome ,thanks for show casing and inspiring us crafters.
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  69. oh WOW! I'm blown away. This card is absolutely spectacular! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Stunning card--love the ribbon bow!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Very Classy Connie
    Thanks for joining us at the DCD Christmas Club this week
    Hugs Susie & the Christmas Dream Team xx
    ¨¨ ¨¨ ¨ ¨¨¨ ♥*
    ¨¨¨¨¨ ¨¨¨ ¨*o*
    ¨¨¨¨ ¨¨¨¨*♥*o*
    ¨¨ ¨¨¨¨¨***o***
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨**o**♥*o*
    ¨¨¨¨¨**♥**o**o**
    ¨¨¨¨**o**♥***♥*o*
    ¨¨¨*****♥*o**o****
    ¨¨**♥**o*****o**♥**
    ¨******o*****♥**o***
    ****o***♥**o***o***♥*
    ¨¨¨¨¨____!_!____
    ¨¨¨¨¨\_________/¨¨¨
    ...MERRY CHRISTMAS...

    ReplyDelete
  72. Beautiful card love the bow.

    Thanks for sharing
    karenk 3 at ameritech dot net

    ReplyDelete
  73. Connie, so YUMMALISCIUOS!!!! Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  74. This is stunning!, thank you for joining in with Sweet Stampin this week
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  75. WOW-SERS! this is just WOW! i l-o-v-e it! love it! thanks for sharing!! Thanks for joining us this week at If the Shoe fits....SCRAP IT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, your comments are appreciated! Have a great day!! Connie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive