Monday, March 15, 2010

ODBD2AC3 - Silver or Gold!!

If you are here for the KSS and Paper Temptress St. Patty's Day Celebration, please see the post below! Thanks!!

Welcome to day three of Our Daily Bread Designs 2nd Anniversary Challenge!! Silver and Gold are the traditional gifts for those special milestones in a marriage... the 25th and 50th Anniversaries. Today's challenge is to make a project that includes silver and/or gold. For full details regarding the challenge, head on over to he ODBD Blog!


For my card today, I chose the silver route. The image and verse are both from the Lord Has Risen set. The image was heat embossed with silver EP, colored with copics, cut out and then popped up on my card.


The silver sparkley background was created with some Silver Glimmer Mist...I sort of did a rubbing off technique, were I sprayed the white card stock with the Glimmer mist and then took some crumpled toilet paper and dabbed off portions of the mist to make it heaver in some areas and lighter in other.


To finish off the card, I added some silver satin ribbon layered on a punched border (punch from Martha Stewart). I also added a Maya Roads black pearl stick pen through the pupped up violets and some flourished gems from Zva Creative.


Please be sure to visit all the blogs linked below, and leave a comment for each designer, because there is hidden candy on some of the blogs! You will not know where it is, but if your name is chosen and you have left a comment for the designers... you will win it!!! For more details on the hidden blog candy, head on over to the ODBD Blog!




Thanks so much for visiting today! Be sure to come back tomorrow for another Anniversary Challenge!!

Connie

Card Details:
Images: The Lord Has Risen - ODBD
Paper: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, Silver
Inks: Elegant Eggplant, Copics
Accessories: Silver EP, Silver Glimmer Mist, Flourished Gems from Zva Creative, Maya Roads Black Pearl Stick pen, Silver Ribbon.

61 comments:

  1. Beautiful use of SILVER!! WOW!! I LOVE THIS!!!!! And that satin ribbon with lovely pin treatment ROCKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza Connie!!!That silver ribbon is gorgeous gf!!!! The punched work, the stick pin... such nice touches to this elegant beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS!!!!! Loooooove how you created your silver BG, beautifully coloured and cut out violets, the bling, pin and punching is all wonderful!!! Wonderful card Connie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, love how you did the bouquet of flowers with the pin. This is just perfection! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the silver ribbon - I just have to get some of that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful Connie!! the bling, stickpin...nice touches!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! Nicely done! Of course, in our area of Massachusetts, the flowers are all UNDER WATER!! Love all the extra touches like the gorgeous ribbon, the stick pin, and of course, the bling!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Connie,

    I love your card! The colors are beautiful and I love the verse you chose!

    Ramona :-)
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. these colours are so lovely ! Very relaxing and the composition is great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You attention to detail and the color choices make this outstandingly elegant! (can you use those two adjective together...oh well, I just did) I love everything about this work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice. Love the siler, beads and bling. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice, love the verse you choose and the subtle silver. This is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun technique with the glimmer mist b/c that paper is gorgeous.....love it....thank you for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Connie this is so pretty. Love the colors and all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just beautiful. Great colors, details and bling you added to this inspiring card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning Connie!! I just love the silver embossing, the added hat pin and beads, your stunning coloring and your design!! Very elegant!! You rocked the silver/gold challenge my friend!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!! Connie, this is just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! Wish my Garden could be that pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing how you did the background--beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, beautiful! love the punched border,the background, actually the whole thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow- this is another beauty. it has been a wonderful morning checking out all the lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW, Connie, girl, you have rocked this Gold/Silver Anniversary themed card to the "T"!!! I love the elegant and classy look of your card. Those violets look awesome embossed in silver and the punched border above and below the ribbon just seals it off. A piece of ART!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful eye candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So pretty. It looks like I'm going to have to play with my silver embossing powder too! Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card, Connie. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really like it that you created your own background paper design, it looks fabulous as is the rest of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  27. oohhhh, aaahhhhhhhhh...very nice. It is a beautiful card. The softness of its appearance appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love what you did with the glimmer mist! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  29. How very, very pretty! Love the attention to detail you give!!!
    Jan Castle

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a simply beautiful card! I love the colors and it is something to be very proud of. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This has to be one of my favorite sentiments and what you did with is awesome. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful!! Love the sentiment and those gorgeous flowers!! When I look at this card it makes me want to touch it!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! i love the effect of the embossed image, and the swirls adds so much elegance to your card. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is gorgeous Connie! Pure elegance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Connie~

    Way to go, Connie! This is very lovely! I love the silver embossed violets, and that stick pin is gorgeous! I think I'd want to wear it!! The wide ribbon is breathtaking!
    I just love this whole look!

    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a lovely card! I love the 3D effect of your pretty violets and your glimmer mist technique!

    Hugs,
    Jennifer L

    ReplyDelete
  37. Connie, Love your card. It is so pretty. Nancy Parker

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful card - I love the embellishments you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love your violets, Connie!! The swirls, pin and decorative border adds just the right amount of accent to your already gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lovely colors...gorgeous creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Just beautiful! I love the silver embossed image. Thanks for sharing it with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  42. The silver and blue are a fantastic combo!

    ReplyDelete
  43. STUNNING PIECE - love the blue flower and the border punch! SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a beautiful card! The colors are perfect and the stick pin adds so much!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Lovely card, great for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love your background technique. And color combo. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Gorgeous card! Love all the detail from the border punch to the pin and jewels. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love this card. So pretty!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  49. Connie this is spectacular!! I just love the shimmmer!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love this silver embossing. So cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, your comments are appreciated! Have a great day!! Connie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive