Tuesday, April 28, 2009

CC216 & FTTC13 - Bleeding Hearts


This card was made with two challenges in mind...the color challenge over on SCS - old olive, real red, and basic black. and FTTC13 which is this wonderful sketch from Cindy Haffner that you can see here.

I started out by coloring my image from Flourishes Spring Ephemerals set with my SU markers (real red and old olive). Once the image was stamped, I cut out the circle, along with the black mat, with my creative memories circle cutter. For the squares in the background, I used some Teresa Collins DSP cut with my label #1 nesties. The sentiment is from the flourished word stamp set which was punched out with my small and large oval punches. I then distressed all of the edges with my Tim Holtz distressing tool, and sponged everything with a bit of old olive ink. I finished off the card by popping the sentiment on a bit of black satin ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

Connie

Card Details:
Images: Spring Ephemerals, Flourished word set
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, Old Olive and Teresa Collins DSP
Inks: Old Olive, Real Red
Accessories: Large and small oval punches, distressing tool, sponges, black satin ribbon

13 comments:

  1. Wow, this is one stunning card, Connie!!! I love the gorgeous colors!!!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job Connie, thanks so much for doing my sketch, what fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In addition to the comment I made at SCS about the bleeding hearts, i just noticed how really cool the bg is with the nesties cutouts! I love the sketch Cindy made, and your card is fabulous, GF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO gorgeous Connie! I love the stamp, layout and what you did with them!! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card Connie! Great take on both challenges. I love the DP you used too. Very nice!!

    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bleeding hearts!! Perfect for both challenges!! Great dp and beautiful card!
    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and take on the Sketch - Connie!!! Always love seeing your cards :)!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow what great colors, and you dp is beautiful!!! wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Connie love the colors, great flowers and job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, Connie. Such beautiful colors and I love the distressed edges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is jaw dropping gorgeous, Connie....I love the Flourishes image and your colors, papers, layers, distressing...everything is sooo beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very very lovely, Connie!!!
    I love the bleeding hearts with these colors!!
    Great layout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Connie!! WOWZER hun, this is another gorgeous card!! I love those flowers!! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, your comments are appreciated! Have a great day!! Connie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive