Wednesday, April 8, 2009

SC223 & FLLCAPR - Paper Pieced Easter Basket


I made this card for SC233 and for FLLCAPR - where we were to paper piece our image. Yep, I paper pieced the grass, eggs and flowers on this image, which is Signs of Spring from Flourishes. Not sure why I decided to paper piece such small pieces, but I thought it was a good idea at 5:45 this morning...maybe that is why. LOL!!


Anyway, I stamped the Easter basket image first on the white piece of card stock. Then I stamped it again on Kiwi kiss, almost amethyst, so saffron, pretty in pink and bashful blue DSP. I then cut out the various pieces...grass, eggs, & flowers and glued them onto the white image. I then colored the basket and vine with my copic markers.


I followed the SC233 layout and added the yellow dew drops and saffron ribbon to finish the card. This may have taken for ever to paper piece, but I sure do like the outcome!


Card Details:
Images: Signs of Spring - Flourishes
Inks: Palette Black
Paper: Whisper White, So Saffron, Perfect Plum, Bella Rose DSP, Pretty in pink DSP, So Saffron DSP, Bashful Blue DSP and Almost Amethyst DSP
Accessories: Yellow Dew Drops, So Saffron Ribbon Originals

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty Easter card Connie. I like the dew drops and your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Connie!! Love your fun colors and details!! ;) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo pretty, Connie...what a gorgeous image and awesome coloring...you did a fabulous job with the sketch today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...well worth the effort that's for sure, it turned out great.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the coolest sketch! I shoulda done it darn! Hee! Your card is the coolest! Beautiful nice colors and your coloring is wonderful! Great card! Off to check out the tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Connie, this ia a gorgeous card. I love that DP. Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Easter card - great job with the sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, your comments are appreciated! Have a great day!! Connie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive