
I made this card for TLC215 - to make a Flower Pot Pocket Card. You can see a quick tutorial on how to create this flower pot over on Stephanie Luman's blog.
So, I went to Walmart the other day and walked by the flowers, and they had a BUNCH of my favorite flowers there...Tulips!! I decided to let the kids pick out which color to get, and was shocked when they both agreed on some that look just like the tulips in this card. Which is, of course where I got my inspiration.
The tulip images are from Kitchen Sink Stamp's Multi Step Tulip Garden set. I stamped the 5 flowers with so saffron, apricot appeal, cameo coral and regal rose...I know...the colors do not sound like they would go together, but that is what I finally came up with to match the beautiful tulips that are in my kitchen right now. For the greenery, I stamped them with kiwi kiss, old olive and always artichoke. I then cut the flowers out along with their greenery, and then I
added even more stamped leaves to fill up my pot. I then finished the inside of the card by sponging the edges of the white layer with kiwi kiss and added a bit of kiwi kiss ribbon to the bottom of my stems.
added even more stamped leaves to fill up my pot. I then finished the inside of the card by sponging the edges of the white layer with kiwi kiss and added a bit of kiwi kiss ribbon to the bottom of my stems.For my pot, I used really rust to try and recreate a terracotta pot. I scalloped the edges with SU's eyelet edge scallop punch. and added the so saffron ribbon and bow. To finish off the card I added the sentiment to the base of the pot!
Card Details:
Images: Multi step Tulip Garden, Sentiment is from 3 step Hibiscus
Paper: Really Rust, So Saffron, Kiwi Kiss, White
Inks: So Saffron, Apricot Appeal, Cameo Coral, Regal Rose, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Kiwi Kiss Ribbon, So Saffron Ribbon











This is soooo stunning, Connie!!!!! I absolutely love the orange tulips...what rich, gorgeous colors and I love the bow you added to the pot!!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW, stunning indeed!!!! Connie, this is out of this world. All of the detail is just GORGEOUS!!!! Those tulips almost look real!!!
ReplyDeleteI am in love with this card...wow...this is amazing Connie ;) That bow looks perfect too...I need to practice my ribbon skills! LOL
ReplyDeletehow beautiful! What a fun card design too!
ReplyDeleteWOWZER!! This is so awesome Connie!! I love your beautiful card!! So very clever!! :) TFS!
ReplyDeleteOh wow....you've nailed this challenge!!!!! I'm afraid to do it because I don't do bunches of flowers well at all. This is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteWow! Do I ever love this! Its awesome! I love the Spring look to it. Nothing says Spring like tulips say Spring! Awesome card!
ReplyDelete