Okay, now...on to my first official Kitchen Sink creation as a crew member. I decided to created this Mother's Day card...my mom requested that I create a card for her to give my Grandmother. Well, since my Grandmother's favorite flowers are Tulips, I knew just the set to use! I am just soooo lovin' this multi step Tulip Garden set! I went with red tulips by using ruby red and riding hood red, and for the greenery, I used kiwi kiss and old olive.
Once I finished stamping the images, I wanted to give
them a watercolored look. So I used the blurred watercolor technique. For this technique, all you do is take an aqua painter, or your favorite watercolor brush slightly damp, and then go over your image. This will make your ink bleed just a bit to give you that watercolored look!
them a watercolored look. So I used the blurred watercolor technique. For this technique, all you do is take an aqua painter, or your favorite watercolor brush slightly damp, and then go over your image. This will make your ink bleed just a bit to give you that watercolored look!To finish off the card, I added some riding hood red ribbon and half pearls. Finally, I added the sentiment which is from Kitchen Sink's Whole Family set.
Be sure to check out the rest of the crew's cards/projects for today!
Have a great day, thanks for stopping by!
Card Details:
Images: Multi step Tulip Garden, Whole Family
Inks: Ruby Red, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive
Paper: Whisper White, Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Watercolor brush, Half Pearls, Ribbon












Beautiful Card Connie and Congrats..that's so awesome :)
ReplyDeleteTake Care
Oh Connie, BIG CONGRATS to ya girl. They are going to love having you on their DT. This is so pretty. love that flower
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous card for your debut in the Kitchen Sink, Connie!! I love these beautiful red tulips and the watercolor feeling!!
ReplyDeleteHow thrilling to have you as a member of the design team! The awesome body of work you have created with Kitchen Sink Stamps is breath-taking, and I look forward to working with you! I know you will be a continuing inspiration to me and many others!!!
Welcome to the Sink Connie! I am so excited to have you as part of the crew!! What a gorgeous creation with the tulips. I'm definitely going to have to try that technique! Beau-Tee-Ful!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all Connie, WOWZER!! You're flowers are g-g-gorgeous!!! My mom would adore this one!! Her fav color is red and she loves tulips!! Love your fun technique!! TFS!
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful Connie - I'm sure you grandmother will love it! Looking forward to working with you on KSS.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Connie! Great layout and the tulips are wonderful!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, Connie! Your cards are simply gorgeous:)
ReplyDeleteWow! How gorgeous, Connie!! This is such a precious Mother's day card!! Any mothers would enjoy it :) I'm so excited to know that you are the Crew member, too!!
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful, clean card. I love the flowers and the design. I hope you enjoy your time with Kitchen Sink Stamps as those ladies are wonderful. Congratulations.
ReplyDeletethis is just gorgeous! What wonderful colors for mothers day!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card Connie! Tulips are some of my favorites and you've done them perfectly!! Welcome to the team - we're thrilled to have you!! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Mother's Day card! Gorgeous Tulips! Congrats on becoming a part of the KSC, Connie!
ReplyDeleteOh, Connie, this is one BEAUTIFUL card!!
ReplyDeleteConnie, this is so very beautiful.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! What a wonderful choice Kitchen Sink made! You will do them proud....with lots of wonderful cards, like this one! Its gorgeous. Such a wonderful Mother's Day card!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous tulip image and design around it! I love the vibrant, clear colors and very pretty sketch!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your new design team status!
Yea, Connie. You were always the stiffest competion on those challenges. What a knack you have for creating with these unique stamps. Congratulations to you and I look forward to all the wonderful things you will contribute on the dt.
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely GORGEOUS!
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome Connie and congrats on the DT!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the Kitchen Sink Crew, Connie! So glad you've joined us! Your tulip card is beautiful. I really like how you incorporated the two different size tulip images on your card.
ReplyDeleteOoooh, Connie, your red tulips are absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Congrats on the new DT position....you will be such a wonderful part of the KS team!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Connie!!!! Those tulips sure look like they are real :D. Hugs, Sabrina
ReplyDeleteWOOO HOOO!!!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!!
I have always wanted to get my hands on those stamps!! I am truly looking forward to all you do with them--they will do well with your elegant style!
This is a lovely card--The tulips look so crisp and full of life---just like spring!