Tuesday, April 21, 2009

FTTC12 - Lovin' Acetate!


Today is another Timeless Tuesday challenge over on the Flourishes blog, and today's challenge was to use acetate on your card. I decided to give the acetate and tissue technique another try, and let me tell you every time I do it...I just love it!!

There is a great tutorial on this technique over on SCS, and I followed it pretty closely. The only different I did was to use Tim Holtz Adirondack alcohol inks instead of the SU reinkers used in the tutorial. I first stamped the image in black stazon directly on the acetate. I then turned the image over and added the alcohol inks. To apply the inks exactly where I wanted them, I used an Adirondack alcohol ink applicator. For the flowers I used eggplant, for the leaves I used lettuce, and for the background I used a mixture of denim and cool peri with a bit of blending solution to lighten it up. Once it was dry, I applied some crystal effect and then smoothed the crumpled tissue paper over the back. I had a scrap of the background left over so I used it for the sentiment also, which is covered with a designer label silver hodgepodge hardware.

I really wanted to add a bit of purple ribbon to this card too, however, I really don't have much in the line of purple since it is not a color I use often. So out came my trusty white satin ribbon, and SU elegant eggplant reinker, and I dyed the white ribbon purple! I thought it turned it very close to the elegant eggplant paper accents on the card. However, my fingers are another story, LOL!!! To finish off the card, I added four small crystal brads from my SU pretties kit.


I really do like the look this technique gave this wonderful violet image...it is kinda like an abstract watercolor!


Have a great day!

Connie


Card Details:
Images: Sweet Violets - Flourishes
Paper: Acetate, Tissue Paper, Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant
Inks: Elegant Eggplant reinker, Stazon Black, Alcohol inks: Denim, Cool Peri, Eggplant, Lettuce
Accessories: Crystal Brads, Hodgepodge Hardware, Designer Label punch, White Satin Ribbon dyed purple, Crystal effects.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Connie!! WOW!! This is gorgeous!! I really love working with acetate too..I just don't do it enough! Your ribbon is so yummy here!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, this is gorgeous, super job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Connie! I haven't tried that technique...will have to give it a whirl! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Connie!! This is stunning!! What a gorgeous card!!! My efforts never resemble anything this beautiful when I try this technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS CARD - Connie!!! WOW - I really like this technique and how it looks!!! Thanks for sharing and for playing the FTTC with us :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Connie!!!! Love this look and technique. The ribbon dyeing is fabulous, too!!! Great work!!! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, Connie, this is quite a beautiful work of art....such gorgeous colors and the violets are sooo awesome!!! You need to frame this one, for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG is right! Connie, this is so fabulous! The way you did the violets is super awesome!! TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG is right!! Connie, this is gorgeous!! The way you made the violets and panel are super awesome! TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alcohol inks and acetate are meant for each other! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, your comments are appreciated! Have a great day!! Connie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive