Friday, July 24, 2009

I Got to do More DTGD09 Challenges!!


Yep, I was able to do all of the DTGD09 challenges today...all within two cards!! This first card used four challenges: DTDG09Scrapnextras - Previous theme: Learning Your ABC's! - to use monogram/alphabet sets on your card; DTGD09cindy_haffner Sketch Challenge; DTGD09blondie090277 - Paper Tole; and DTGD09StamperSharon: What’s black & white & red all over? - black and white cards with a pop of red.

Love, love, love this great sketch from Cindy!! For my paper tole, I used the 3 Step Hearts & Roses stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. I stamped it four times, cut out the different layers, and popped them up on dimensionals. Then stamped the sentiment with KSS's Mix it up - Monogram & Alphabet.



For my second card, the four challenges were: DTGD09Lauraly ~ Previous Theme: Tie One On! - to use ribbon on your card; DTGD09TruCarMa ~ Previous Theme: Good Enough to Eat! - use a food image on your card; DTGD09DeborahLynneS ~ Taken with Texture!; and DTGD09basilefamily - The Happiest Hour - which was an inspiration challenge, picture can be seen here.

I was VERY inspired by this picture. I soooo don't ever use bold bright colors...not that I don't like them, they are just not what I reach for all the time. This gave me the chance to use some poor neglected colors. In fact, this is the first time I have used my Green Galore ink pad...it was still in it's wraper...and I think I bought it over two years ago! LOL! I also picked up on the citrus fruit in the picture, which also qualifies for the "Good Enough to Eat" challenge. The images and sentiment are from Flourishes Life, Love and Lemons set.
Now for Deb's texture challenge, if you squint your eye and look closely, you can see that I ran the white label 1 nestabilities and white strip of paper under the images through my big shot with a SU texturz polka dotted plate. The large circle brads are also textured, as it the ribbon across the top...which work for the final challenge from Laurie!

Whew!! I am tired just typing all of this! LOL!! Thanks so much for visiting today! Have a great weekend!!

Connie

Card 1 Details:
Images: 3 step Hearts and Roses, Mix it up - Monogram and alphabet - KSS
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White
Inks: Rose Red, Ruby Red, Real Red, Basic Black
Accessories: Hero Art black half pearls

Card 2 Details:
Images: Love, Life, Lemons - Flourishes
Paper: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Green Galore, Pixie Pink, Yo-Yo Yellow
Inks: Same as above
Accessories: Pumpkin Pie striped ribbon, Circle brads, Label 1 Nestabilities, Polka Dotted Texturz plate

11 comments:

  1. OMGosh Connie - you're incredible!!!! The first card is STUNNING!!! Love the black/white/red colour combo and that rose looks unbelievable popped up like that!!! The second is so fun and funky, love all the label 1 die cuts and the bold colours!!! You ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - Connie - you are on a roll!!! Both cards are gorgeous!!!

    I've been so busy with my girls I missed all these fun challenges!!!
    I have to hop on over to the SCS site and check them all out...LOL!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie I'm so happy to see your card, wonderful job on all the challenges. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards! Way to go on all the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are fabulous!!! Wonderful cards and designs, Connie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cards but the first is my favorite. Love black and white and the touch of red brings it all together so beautifully. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go with all those challenges into two cards, Connie! The black and white card is clean, crisp, stunning, and gorgeous! The rose looks so real. I also like the fun and fruity card you made and applaud you for breaking out of your comfort zone with the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie these are both darlin'!!! You nailed all the challenges and love the how the rose just pops out of the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum that rose for the b & w challenge is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! Your cards are sooo fabulous!!! The rose is breathtaking and I love how you used the long card design for the fruit...AWESOME work, gf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful Connie!! What a stunning layout on this card!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, your comments are appreciated! Have a great day!! Connie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive