Monday, July 13, 2009

ISC 6th Anniversary Bash Blog Hop & Blog Candy!

Hello everyone, and welcome to today's Innovative Stamp Creation's Blog Hop. ISC now 6 years old, and boy are we celebrating big time!! You may have arrived here from Kathy's blog, if not, that is okay, you can start at any of the DT members blogs, and keep hitting the blog hop banner in each of our posts (mine is at the end of this post), and eventually you will travel through all of the DT's blogs and end up at the one where you started!


This Month's Release:

This months release is a beautiful one, and get this...you can get them, along with any other purchase at 15% off through July 31st!! All you have to do is use the coupon code: travel. You can see more deets about this discount on the banner on the side of my blog!

Now, as if 15% off your entire purchase is not enough! To celebrate their Anniversary, Betsy, the owner of ISC, has decided to give each of her DT members the opportunity to offer up 2 free stamp sheets as Blog CANDY!! All you have to do is leave a comment on this post by midnight EST Wednesday, July 15th, and you will be entered to win 2 FREE SHEETS OF YOUR CHOICE!! Also, when you comment, please leave your e-mail address...it will be so much easier for me to contact you that way if you win! The winner will be announced some time Saturday July 12th...so good luck to you!! Also, you will definitely want to visit all of the DT members blogs because you will get this same opportunity to win on each of their blogs too!! How fun is THAT!!

Okay, I think I have put my card post off long enough! Here is the card that I have for you today!



I have used the new Serenity sheet for this card. I stamped the image in palette black and colored it with copics, I added a bit of Sakura clear gel pen to the waves to give it a really watery look (it is very hard to see in the picture though, but trust me it gives it an awesome look!!) I also stamped the bottom portion of this same image in creamy caramel on the base piece of creamy caramel.

For the bucklez on the side of my card, I started with a mint green buckle, but it really was not the right color I was going for, so I decided to alter it a bit with some copper ranger alcohol ink additive. I sponged the copper all over the buckle to give it a sort of aged copper look. I really like the way it turned out! I then finished off the card with a bit of twill tape connected to the bucklez with a couple of antique brass brads.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Be sure to come back tomorrow for more samples from this month's release! Now, head on over to Sabrina's blog to continue your "Tour"!


Connie

Card Details:
Images: Serenity - ISC
Inks: Palette Black, Creamy Caramel, Copics, Copper additive alcohol ink - Ranger
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Whisper White, Mellow Moss, Basic Black, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Bucklez, Sponges, Twill tape, Antique Brass Brads

37 comments:

  1. This is beautifully done! You have such a wonderful gift for putting everything together. Thank you for sharing. Serenity is going to be one of my new favorite stamps. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Love your take on this fabulous stamp!I love the hardware also! Enjoying the hop and your blog!Thanks for letting me visit awhile and celebrate the 6th year! Thanks for sharing your lovely creativity along the way!happy Blogging!Ina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie, this card is just gorgeous hun!! I love your colors and that fun clip is just awesome!! ;) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very pretty. Love the buckle and the way you colored it. Love all the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I love this stamp and your sample is beautiful. I love your choice of Copic colors for such a rich feel to the scene. Just incredible. Happy Birthday, ISC and thanks for the chance to win some stamps. Oh, I hope I win, I so want Picturesque and Serenity. Just amazing stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one SERIOUSLY BREATHTAKING card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Connie,
    Just sn awesome card. Happy 7th ISC.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look what I've been missing! I have just found your blog and WOW! Oh my goodness...what talent! This card is amazing! Your coloring is incredible, and the buckle adds such a creative touch! This is such a gorgeous stamp and you did a fabulous job with it! Happy birthday ISC!

    Freida
    freida38801@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This is one GORGEOUS piece of artwork! Love the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT card! So stunning! Fab coloring scene & details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card and especially the colors. The buckle really makes it! Kathy Eddy
    kmeddy@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...this is spectacular. What a fantastic image, and I just LOVE what you did with your hardware. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a good job you have done with this stamp! I like your innovative idea with the buckle. I think this one will be my favorite. I love the beach. Your scene is so tranquil.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous stamp sets, and the gorgeous cards you have all made are amazing. Thank you so much for this chance to win some goodies :)!

    Inky Hugs,
    Catherine
    catlevy@eastlink.ca

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW this is gorgeous Connie!!! WOW WOW WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a beautiful scene---love your amazing card! Great stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Connie, this is all so exciting! Thanks for the chance to win some goodies, and may I just add that your cards are beautiful!
    shecop@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Connie, You are very talented. I love to get inspired with your work.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Connie, this is just jaw-dropping! I love the colors! Awesome! Thank you for the opportunity to win also!

    Melissa
    Melissa.banian@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. GORGEOUS!!! You've made the image look awesome!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Connie from Canberra Australia!! Love your card...these mew sets are gorgeous and with a name like 'Australian Daisy' it should come this way..LOL!! Thanks for the opportunity to play...sigh - if only!! God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Connie from Canberra Australia!! Love your card...these mew sets are gorgeous and with a name like 'Australian Daisy' it should come this way..LOL!! Thanks for the opportunity to play...sigh - if only!! God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! This is beautiful Connie...I love everything about your card! tsmfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a gorgeous card, Connie. I am loving that buckle. But the best part is the scene you created.

    Lois
    lbak@cfl.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've seen this image used a few times today and each time is prettier than the last. Yours in no exception, I love this seaside image and would love to win this blog candy.
    Nicole Taylor
    nctaylor2@sympatico.ca

    ReplyDelete
  26. The more I see the image, the more I really want to ink it, lol!! Your card is soooo pretty, Connie!
    Thanks for a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome card!Both serenity and picturesque are gorgeous. Thank you so much for the chance to win a free set. stampinallday@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. This beach scene is gorgeous, Connie. It looks just lie the spot where my DH and I got engaged. I guess I need to buy this one so I can make him a card. I'll be over for lessons soon! (I wish. . .)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just love this new stamp set "Serenity". Your sample is breath-taking. Happy Birthday to ISC! Thanks for the chance to win some awesome stamps.
    Janet
    moosisk@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. This "Serenity" set is gorgeous and the card you created is WOW. Everything works so well together and that buckle is great on it.
    Hugs from Michigan
    cndomino@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a gorgeous scene Connie!! Love that buckle too!! Fab creation as always!! Congrats on winning the MMSC Gold Star Masterpiece award this week!!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful! The card just makes me say "Serenity"!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful beach scenes! Thanks for the tips on the buckle, and the cool bag.
    God bless,
    Bonnie Sherwood
    stampin-ak at gci dot net

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy Birthday ISC - may you have many more - so we can have many more beautiful stamps!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a beautiful card, you do wonderful work. Thanks for the chance of some blog candy.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow...awesome card! Thanks for the buckle tip and congrats on your award win!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, your comments are appreciated! Have a great day!! Connie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive