Tuesday, July 7, 2009

SC236 - Amazing Grace...How Sweet the Sound!

I made this card for SC236...what a great sketch!! I decided to showcase a couple of the new stamp sets from this month's ODBD release!

For the back panel, I used the Amazing Grace Hymn stamp, and stamped it all over a piece of Basic Gray Porcelain DP. For the middle panel, I stamped the dogwood image from the Grow in Grace Set in Apricot Appeal over another piece of Basic Gray Porcelain DP. The sentiment was stamped in palette black and sponged a bit with Apricot Appeal and Pumpkin Pie inks. I then sprayed some Glimmer Mist over all of the different panels to give it a real sparkle and shine!

To finish off my card, I added some sheer orange ribbon on the top, and some fire orange square brads by the sentiment. Let's just say this card really sparkles!!

Also!! This week's Super Special Sale at ODBD's is 25% off all Our Daily Bread designs ink pads! There are 18 colors to choose from so if you're feeling a little "Steel Blue" or wishing for some "Spring Green" in the summertime they have them!! The ink pads are extremely affordable and at $2.63 they're practically a steal!! Start your collection today! Also on sale are the Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads and Reinkers, Versafine and Versamark Ink Pads! Sale ends Friday, July 10, 2009 midnight EST. NOTE: Sale prices will be reflected in your shopping cart.

Thanks so much for visiting today! Have a wonderful day!! Don't forget to stop by tomorrow! I will have my first of several days of Innovative Stamp Creation's Sneak Peeks of their July release!! :)

Connie

Card Details:
Images: Grow in Grace, Amazing Grace Hymn - ODBD
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White, Basic Gray Porcelain DP
Inks: Palette Black, Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Orange sheer ribbon, Fire square brads, Glimmer Mist

13 comments:

  1. This card is soooooo beautiful~ I love the color choices, the sparkle, and the ribbon adds the perfect touch. Very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful COnnie! I like how you put the music sheet behind the scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie, I TOTALLY LOVE this card! This is so neat..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Connie and the layout is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card Connie. I just love this background image (and hymn).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not usually a big fan of orange, but this card is beautiful!! Well done once again Connie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Connie - this is a beautiful take on today's Sketch!!! The colors are so pretty too!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connie this is gorgeous! Your 'designer paper' is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!! I love what you've done with the two background panels - very clever making your own 'paper' and the colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colors Connie!! Love the vintage images with it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning! Love the shimmer. I have a bottle of glimmer mist from blog candy...have never used it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your amazing background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, your comments are appreciated! Have a great day!! Connie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive