Thursday, September 24, 2009

ODBD October Sneak Peek!!

I can not believe that September is almost over! However, with October just around the corner, that also means another wonderful release from Our Daily Bread Designs!! This month's sets are just so lovely, and will make making sympathy cards just a little easier!

For today's card I used Mercy's Tuesday Sketch MTSC40. I also wanted to try my hand at today's Way to use it challenge - WT237 - where we were to think outside the box by stepping away from what we would usually do on a card. You may look at this card and think...looks like your style Connie...however, I decided that I would limit my layers! Yes, believe me...I wanted to put at least 4 more layers on this card. Also, I tried to veer away from my normal embellishments. The sketch called for ribbon, and I so wanted to put some beautiful satin caramel ribbon on this card, but instead, I decided on this thinner gingham ribbon. Additionally, I wanted to add some brad in the bottom corner, instead, I reached for some buttons which have been gathering dust for probably about two year! Aside from the card I made earlier this week with the hand made paper buttons, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have used buttons on a card. Oh...and I can not tell you how badly I wanted to distress ALL the edges of this card with my distressing tool..but I refrained!!

Thanks so much for visiting today! Make sure to come back tomorrow for a sneak peek of one of the new sets being released by Kitchen Sink tomorrow!!

Connie

Card Details:
Images: With Heartfelt Sympathy - ODBD
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Always Artichoke, Deja View DP
Inks: Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Buttons, Ribbon, Sponging

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous, Connie!!! Wonderful colors and I love all your stamped background panels!!! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very gorgeous Connie, I just LOVE this layout and your three stamped panels in the background!! :) Thanks for the peek!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous - so rich looking. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. connie...this is gorgeous! love the color combo...it can be either feminine or masculine! beautifully done!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS!!! Love your take on the Sketch and the way you used this new Set!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, Connie!!! Those colors are absolutely gorgeous!!!! I am with Mercie, this could be either a feminine or masculine card. Perfect!!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very warm and pretty. Great job with the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like your colors you chose! Nice card, Con!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Connie this is so pretty! Love the design and the great colors here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Connie... this is great! Love the color combo and love the gingham ribbon and buttons! Great feel to it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, your comments are appreciated! Have a great day!! Connie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive