Thursday, September 3, 2009

Our Daily Bread Three for Thee Challenge!

Our Daily Bread Designs is having a challenge this month to make a Pocket Card!!! I just LOVE pocket cards!! I decided to do a spin on the double pocket card. You can see a tutorial for this type of double pocket card on Barb Mullikin's Blog!

For my card I started with some Parisian Breeze DSP, and folded it into the pocket card base, and rounded the corners. The image and sentiment on the front of the card are from the new Get Well Set I heat embossed both the image and the sentiment with brown craft ink and clear embossing powder, and sponged the edges with some baja breeze ink. I then embossed the image again, cut out and colored the butterflies with copics and popped them up on top of the original stamped image. The sentiment is layered with the new Labels 9 Nestabilities. I then finished the front off with some hero art half pearls, and some white satin ribbon.


The inside of my card has the double pocket portion of the card. On the left hand side, I added some more layered Labels 9 Nestabilities so I can write a little note to the recipient. I also added some more white satin ribbon across the whole inside of the card.


The tags were created using two of the wonderful and encouraging verses in this set. I rounded the corners, sponged the edges, added a large light blue eyelet and some white satin ribbon. As with the front of the card, these verses are also heat embossed with clear EP.

For more deets about this challenge, and what you will have a chance to win you can head over to the ODBD blog. Also, be sure to check out what some of the other bread sticks have come up for this challenge!






Thanks so much for visiting today...have a wonderful day!!

Connie

Card Details:
Images: Get Well - ODBD
Paper: Parisian Breeze DSP, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Inks: Chocolate Chip Craft, Baja Breeze, Copic
Accessories: Clear EP, Heat Tool, Hero Art Half Pearls, White Satin Ribbon, Label 9 Nestabilities, sponges.

29 comments:

  1. Wow, Connie ! This is gorgeous !! I love the colors and the double pocket ... the inside too! Beautiful work !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just GREAT Connie-- so pretty! I love how it opens, and the Chocolate Chip paper just makes the blue POP! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty - Connie!!! Love the inside of your pocket card - so neat!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Connie!!! You have outsone yourself with this BEAUTY!!!! This card is stunning inside and out. The DP is gorgeous and I know you've just made this card for me, right? :D:D:D:D AMAZING card!!!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Connie!!! Beautiful colors and design!!! Lovely pocket card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Connie I love your pocket card! I love the diagonal pockets on the inside of the card... that's my favorite way to use those! Love the papers you used and the pretty pull outs! Great design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The inside is just as beautiful as the outside! LOVE the tagged scriptures!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Connie!! One of my fave color combos!! The dp is perfect as is your use of the new spellbinders!! Stunning inside and out!! Love the diagonal pockets. I wanted to make one like this. Is there a tutorial somewhere for this?

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a wonderful pocket card Connie! I love its design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cool pocket card.....elegant and classy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Connie, I love this!!! I've never made one of these, and I think I really need to give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card it is just so pretty and the pocket part is awesome. Very nice. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Connie, this is fabulous!! Your colors are gorgeous and I love the style of your card....very cool with the pockets inside! I love how you left the sentiment panel for later!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowwwww! What a STUNNING pocket card! Love the papers and shades of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous colors. Fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!! An amazing card Connie!
    --Hugs Becca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Connie, I really LOVE the colors u chose and how cute this came out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!! Connie, another stunning masterpiece!! Love your colors and layout!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend my friend!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  19. STUNNING!! Love the papers, the clean design...wonderful use of the scripture!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is gorgeous, I luv the papers and design....thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting, very sweet...have a wonderful weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning, elegant, and GORGEOUS, Connie! I love how the blue pops with the chocolate, and the diagonal pockets on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW Connie!!! What incredible artistry!!! Such a clever idea and love the pockets you've made. Gorgeous colours and love that label 9 (I can't wait to get mine!!). These new sets are gorgeous and so versatile!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! This is really beautiful Connie!!! I love the layout...everything about your card is just perfect! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How awesome....love this double tag card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome project, Connie! Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such beautiful work... love the colors!
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  27. What great colors together! I love the whole style of this -- it's like the one I did but with a cover. I like it better! Beautiful work, Connie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, your comments are appreciated! Have a great day!! Connie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive