
Happy Kitchen Sink Monday!! Since it is the first Monday of the month, that means it is time for another Kitchen Sink Crew Challenge (KSCC17)!! Today, the challenge is hosted by Maki, and she is challenging us to go Back to School! To use school supplies or items to make a card or project! Extra apple point for the school themed project :) I decided to create this little School Dayz book for my DD. I saw a book similar to this in a catalog the other day, and though...Oh I could make that...so here is my version!
The cover was made using the 3 step School Days set. I created the background paper with the apple image. Additionally, the book image is from this set. The sentiment was created using the Monogram and Alphabet stamp set. I heat embossed the letters with versamark and white EP on black paper to give it a chalk board look. I then framed that with the label 8 Nestabilities. To embellish the corners of the nesties, I used some mini paper clips from Tim Holtz...which qualifies at the use of school supplies for this school themed project! :)

The inside pages are all the same with fun school facts to fill out about your child. I have also left a space so that I can add a picture for each school year from Kindergarten to 12th grade! The bottom of each of the pages have been stamped with the ruler image from the 3 step School Days set.
Please head on over to see all the other creation the Crew members have created week for you!!
Also, don't forget about the on going 10% off your purchase at the Kitchen Sink Stamps Store. All you have to do is use the promotion code of CONNIE10KSS. How fun it that! Gotta love a discount!! Thanks so much for visiting today!! Have a great week!
Connie
Card Details:
Images: 3 Step School Days, Monogram & Alphabet - KSS
Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, White
Inks: Regal Rose, Rose Red, Ruby Red, Real Red, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Accessories: Brads, Black Ribbon, Mini Paper clips - Tim Holtz, Label 8 Nestabilities, Bind-it-all, Heat Gun, White EP











Very cute project! This will be such a great keepsake when she's older! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful way to mark the years, Connie!!
ReplyDeleteYour School Dayz book is beautiful, and I know that Cidney will treasure it always!!! I can image it years down the road begin passed to her children and their children!!
What a fabulous keepsake, Connie! Cidney will love looking back at this as she grows up.
ReplyDeleteThis is cute, I bet she loved it! Great job mom.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful book for Cidney to keep her school memories in. The ruler across the bottom on the pages looks wonderful too!
ReplyDeleteThat is just perfect!
ReplyDeleteI love how it all comes together
and the beautful contrasts in the red and black.
Oh so darling and sweet, great idea.
ReplyDeleteFabulous project - Connie!!! You are so talented - I think it's really cool book!!! Hugs ~S~
ReplyDeleteConnie what a great idea! I love this little book and your DD is just adorable! What a treasure it will be filled with 13 years worth of school pictures! Couldn't be more perfect!
ReplyDeleteSuch a adorable idea!! I love the ruler on the bottom of each page and the cover is just wonderful:)
ReplyDeleteWow!! Adorable idea and how fun!! What a treasure for your daughter (She is a cutie by the way!!!) Beautiful work!!
ReplyDeletehugs,
Chris
Oh Connie, this is such a wonderful project! Where were you when my son was little? *giggle (I can't believe he's a Senior now.) You inspire me!
ReplyDeleteThis is going to be one treasured keepsake through the years! I've been doing scrapbook pages like this for my granddaughter each year, but I love that you've condensed it into a smaller version! It's beautiful and I LOVE it!!
ReplyDelete